1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally told my friend. 2017 is going to be my year.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LittleMouse, Jan 15, 2017.

1. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well after a spurt of courage I came out to a (straight) friend. It took a few attempts and it was difficult to find the words, even harder than I thought it would be. They took it exceptionally well (I thought they would be fine with it, but I was still extremely nervous about their reaction). To show how great they were, they said without any prompting from me, words to the effect that I was still me and it was my decision who I told and when and they wouldn't out me.

It is a small step but it just feels like I've overcome a hurdle and I'm so happy about it. I know it may not be as well received by everyone but it has been a confidence boost. I'm not sure who I'll come out to next or when but the process has started which makes me feel positive. :eusa_danc

2. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! I know that after I came out to my first friend, I felt so much better. It was so liberating to tell her. I'm still not all the way out yet but I'm working on it!

3. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did the same last week and I have to agree, it does feel great! Glad to hear that this is your year!

4. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I decided back in October that 2017 was gong to be a good year - let's all make this one better than shitstorm that came before it.