1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a classroom of 25 plus my professor

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CatsAreCool, Jan 17, 2017.

1. CatsAreCool

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well guys, today I presented a current event for my spanish class on the state of gay rights in Mexico. We had a very nice and productive discussion about why the legislation has stalled out and public opinion in Mexico, until... This girl, who I just knew was gonna say some shit, and who had been quiet throughout the whole discussion, suddenly raised her hand and started off by saying, "Well, I am of the opinion that being gay is a choice, so.." and went on to say how she thought that the family groups protesting the legislation in Mexico were totally right. My friend is sitting next to me and she is the only one in the class who I was out to, and she just looks at me jaw-dropped, like "what are you gonna say to this chick". I raise my hand and interrupt this girl in the middle of what I can only assume would have been an eloquent and well supported list of facts why homosexuality is wrong, and I lean forward casually in my desk (by the way all the desks are arranged in a circle so everyone can see everyone else) and I say, "Well, I'm gay, and that's pretty much how its always been, so I don't really see how I made any kind of choice." And guys, the whole freaking class, sans that one girl, erupted into applause and cheers. :eusa_clap:eusa_danc

When it dies down my professor is like (obviously directed to that one girl, but she addresses the whole class), "Well you know, people don't usually choose to live in constant discrimination if they can help it, but i guess it is up to you all to choose what you believe in". And I'm like, "yeah, you know, my life was just getting really too easy so I was like, 'you know? I could really use a challenge, so I think that from now on I'll be gay. Bring on the hate and discrimination.', and everyone thought that was hilarious.

I kinda felt bad for the girl a little bit since everyone was kinda ganging up on her, but at the same time EVERYONE TOTALLY GANGED UP ON HER, HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! I get sooooo steamed up by that argument that "being gay is a choice" coming from
    STRAIGHT PEOPLE, like, how could you possible know that? Anyways, though I didn't really intend to come out to my entire class today, I'm happy that it happened and that I received such incredible support! Just thought yall should know (!):thumbsup:

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely love this!!! Thanks for sharing and well done!

3. ColorsofCandy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh my gosh! This is such an amazing story!

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats.....well done.

You are now an LGBT hero!!!!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. spirit2112

Wow that's great! I can't wait for the day I get to say something like this. :grin:

6. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You saved my day :grin:
    I actually laughed!

Nice work and congrats that it worked so well :slight_smile:
    :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap