1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm OUT!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by UmaMae, Jan 31, 2017.

1. UmaMae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi you all!

Now I want to share my Coming out story with all of you :slight_smile:
    I think without this forum I would have been able to do this, SO thank you everyone for this platform, for this awesome support!

The last few weeks really were a ride. I came out as bisexual in a short time to almost everyone and I wasn't expecting this at all.

First i came out to my friends. I was at a party at my best friends place (he knew it already, i told him after i told my boyfriend and my sister). And one girl at the party asked me where i have been the evening before (thats normally our gaming evening)
    So i told her i had a date. And then something in my brain just stopped processing and decided to go on without me. I said, a date with a girl. Seriously i think i panicked after that, because i was out immediately to literally everyone at once. I have a slightly blackout, not knowing who told me what exactly after that. I just know I somehow made it through and played it cool. And nobody had any problem with it. Everyone was really just... oh yeah, cool. Nothing changed. I remember talking about Ruby Rose with another girl though :lol:

Later at the same evening the sister of a friend came to me and came out to me as lesbian. And she told me that nobody knows yet. So I was really glad she told me and she also said that she kinda had the feeling that I'm not straight (and vice versa)

So, that was the first strike.

In the week after the party I had lunch with a colleague. Also she is a very nice person and I really like her (just in a friend way). So i told her that a lot of things happened that weekend.... of course she asked what. So i told her that i came out to all of my friends as not straight. the first second was awful, there was this little pause where i didn't know how she would react. But then she asked if im lesbian, and i said no... so she got that im bi. And after that we had a really awesome lunch. She was absolutely cool with it and we were talking about it and it brought us somehow closer :slight_smile:

Two weeks later I visited my parents place, for the birthday party of my sister. She lives in the same city. The whole weekend I was thinking about telling my parents. And my parents (especially my father) know when somethings going on in my mind. He knew that i was thinking about something big. So they asked if I had something to tell them.
    I decided that this was the time... First I panicked again and told them, yeah, i would talk to them, but i first have to take a shower. ^^ This bought me some time and i tried to figure out how to tell them. So... I came back and they were asking about a lot of stuff (maybe you know that from your parents as well...) So after a while, every assumption they made was wrong. And I asked... "Ok, so you really can't figure out what I'm trying to tell you?"

Then my father got the hint. And he said, "is it, that you like the same gender?" And thats where I knew they knew it all along. Also my mum said, "yeah i remember you telling me this a while ago" and she was right, i told her that i think i fell in love with a girl, but it was almost eight years ago, and i thought she would have maybe forgotten about it. also back then i even myself had no idea that i was bi.

All they said, was, that they want me to be happy. That it doesnt matter who I like if Im fine with it, they are also fine with it. That they will love and support me no matter what.
    That people can be very happy when they are in a same sex relationship (then they started to tell me about a show they watch on tv about people building houses :lol: and that they think, the gay couples always have the most awesome houses and are so creative :lol: and that they imagine a same sex relationship to be harmonic and so on :slight_smile: they were super cute about it :lol:

So now i think i came out to the most important persons in my life :slight_smile: and I'm no longer making a secret of it. I decided to be open about it to everyone who wants to know and I don't want to hide who I am.

And it feels GREAT (!)(!)(!)

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2017 at 03:08 PM ----------

"wouldn'T have been able to do this" of course. sorry

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2017 at 03:17 PM ----------

Oh yeah, also my coworkers reactions was great: She said... "well i always wished my son would be gay... I know its weird, but then i would get another son. And not a girl whos trying to take him away from me. Is that crazy?"

Me: "um.... yeah.... yeah, thats definitely crazy"

2. Guff

That's so amazing everything turned out so perfectly for you! :slight_smile:

I've never heard of somebody wishing their child was gay. Bit dang, do I wish they were my parents LOL jk

Congratulations on coming out!

3. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, your family and friends seem amazing!

Congratulations ^^

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, UmaMae!:thumbsup: That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you!:slight_smile:

5. Questions93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations UmaMae!! :slight_smile:

It's great to hear it went so well. I am planning on doing it next week, I hope it goes as well as yours did :thumbsup:

6. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations UmaMae that's amazing! :grin:

I'm really happy for you!!!

7. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations UmaMae! That's awesome!

8. matt4907

matt4907 Guest

Congratulations! That's Amazing!!

9. ligunn

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I'm coming right behind you:grin:

10. Idkwhatisgoinon

I am so happy for you congradulations on comming out

11. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So great to read positive stories. Yay for your parents. (Remind me of my own... I never even had to come out. It was just understood.) Yah, moms remember those things. Its cool that at the time you didn't even think twice about mentioning it. See, the seeds of tolerance were planted way back. Smiles!

12. Imjustjulien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How beautiful, good on you, good on your beautiful parents... Much happiness to you all.

13. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww God bless.you sweetie! Coming out takes a.lot of.courage and I admire those who can do it. I want to come.out but I'm.scared. Your story Gives me hope. Thank you for sharing it with us. You're lucky to have so many supportive people in your life. That's beautiful. <3