1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom pretty much knows...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by pianolover95, Apr 12, 2009.

1. pianolover95

The other day my mom nearly gave me a heart attack. She just flat out asked if I was gay. I thought I had been doing a good job of keeping it hidden. So of course I was just like "Pfft, what?! You're crazy...But what makes you think that??" She said she went in my internet history (I don't even know how, I have great passwords on everything...) and said she found some "gay stuff" in there. Well I denied it some more... She just reassured me that she'd love me no matter what. She had a girlfriend in the past so I would have no worries about her, but if I told her then I'm worried she'd tell my dad, who's homophobic I'm pretty sure. When I slyly brought up gays in a conversation, I found that he held the same double standard most guys do. He said "I can see how two women can find beauty in each other", to which I thought (Well duh, YOU find beauty in them.), "But I just think it's kinda sick that two guys could be together." SO, my parents are divorced, so I don't think she would tell him but I guess I just don't know. After she kept asking me if I was gay, I just convinced her my friend is gay and he was on my computer. (I'm a really good liar.) I don't even know what to do right now...

2. Bryan44

Hey, Welcome to EC!

Before I got my laptop my parents would always try to see what I was doing on the computer, I hated it. But anyways, about your mom, maybe you should just tell her. She seems like she would understand, with her having a girlfriend before Im sure she wouldn still love you the same. If your parents are divorced you can always ask her not to say anything to your father. Good luck.

3. Mickey

Wow,dude! Your mom gave you the perfect chance to tell her.
    I know it's hard to admit you're gay,even if she would accept it.
    IMO,be honest with her. Apparently she's open to it. Tell her,sweetie.
    Ask her to please NOT tell your dad,if you're not ready for that.
    You have a great mom and she loves you. You're very lucky,actually.
    There are so many negative stories about parents NOT accepting their gay child.
    This is just my opinion and I wish you the best with whatever you do.

4. TheRoof

hi! same thing happened to me. my sister and my mom went into internest history, found gay stuff...blah blah blah.
    in the end tho, i came out to them, and they're fine. (well my mom still has hopes for me turning into straight again, but whatever. she doesn't hate me or anything)
    so if u think ur ready, definitely try to come out. seems like ur mom's fine with it.
    good luck xoxo

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with Mickey. Go back and tell your mom you weren't being honest. You are gay and ask her not to tell your Dad. Things will be fine. (*hug*)

6. No One

A peice of advice DELETE YOU INTERNET HISTORY it will make things a lot more easy to hide it and i agree you should tell her if my mom was like that i would have told her in a heart beat.

7. Starshine16

Yes before I had a password on my laptop my mother found some Bisexual stuff that I was reading and in the middle of a bookstore she asked me why I was reading something on bisexuals.I gave some excuse and she dropped it.So delete your internet history if you don't have your own computer with a password.

And yeah I would have told her too.She sounds great and really accepting.

#7 Starshine16, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  8. antarranger

I would just go for it and tell her you seem to have a prety awesome mom.

9. Noah

Tell her, it's better than hiding it some more

10. 2qt2bblond

I agree... it seems like your mom is a really great person and you can trust her.
    You should definitely tell her instead of hiding... it'll really make you feel better.

11. Just Adam

welcome :slight_smile: it sounds like she pretty much knows its the case of huhu yea... " a friend " ok no worrys ill love you no matter what, just tell her she sounds cool with it and the support is a great help, i agree with above aswell just ask her not too tell your dad but if she does so what your his son ! if he has a problem its his not yours you only love who you love there is nothing wrong with that.

take care