1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother oh Dear

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Justindee13, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Justindee13

Its been around three to four months since my mom found out i was and my sister too. They think im gay for attention which pisses meoff. "oh i cant get a girl so lets try a guy" really im not liek that. Wats worse is that they havent approached me about it just everytime the subject comes up they change it as fast as possible. My sisters friends have tried to talk to her bout it but she breaks down and cries. Its messed up. They cant talk to me about it. It makes me wonder if they even think about how this all effects me being gay accepting myself having someone else tell them its like think about me and not about ur religion or urself. But i dont know im not worried about it it just kinda pisses me off even my friends parents accept me for who i am my dad is gone basically but we still talk but Mr. Rowland who is this amazing teacher and handbell director for harmoinc bronze handbell enesmble look it up on youtube but he has become a father for kristina and i so much andhe accepts me and said i may live with him just hima nd i if my parents desicde to kick me out. or if things get really bad. so thats my family for you.:bang:

#1 Justindee13, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Starshine16

I am so sorry that your mother reacted like this.She may be trying to rationalize it by saying that you are only gay to get attention(though I think what she said was a very ignorant statement to make) That is really sad that your mom and sister change the subject whenever it comes up.It would really be good for all of you to sit down and talk about it,but it doesn't seem like now you would be able to get much out of either of them.Your mother's avoidance shows that she is not ready to deal with it yet.Some parents take a long time to be even slightly okay with it.It's good that your sister's friends try and talk to her about it,but it's sad that she cries whenever her friends bring it up.She is probably not ready to face it either.These reactions do not mean that they don't love you.It's a reflection of themselves and it doesn't mean that they don't love you.As for your handbell director and teacher,it's great that he is so supportive and maybe living with him for a little while to let your family get used to the idea of you being gay wouldn't be such a bad idea.I think giving your momther and sister some space would be a good idea.

3. Justindee13

well thank you we will see

4. Mickey

Okay,my opinion! Write her a letter,tell her what you want to say. I say this because then she can't interrupt you and you can say exactly how you feel.
    It's hard for family,especially parents. I'm certainly not saying what she's doing is okay,though. Maybe give her some PFLAG material.
    Don't forget,"Prayers for Bobby" is on again Saturday night at 9pm on Lifetime. I don't know,but maybe you can get her to watch it.
    At any rate,good luck with whatever you decide to do. And remember,you can always talk to us.