1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have come out to a few more people.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by moonlight, Apr 13, 2009.

1. moonlight

It all sort of happen in a really weird way.

I was talking to my ex (we are really good friends) about various different things and the subject of me meeting someone (haven't yet but when I do) and he just came out with "do you think it will be a male or a female" I wasn't surprised at all and I just said female. He then made a joke about him putting me of men for life, I said that it wasn't anything to do with that at all and that it went a lot deeper than that and that my feelings for women existed long before I met him. I asked him if he was ok with it (more to do with the fact that we have two children together) and he said that he wasn't bothered by and that he just wants me to be happy. This made me feel quite relieved as he was the only one I have really been worried about telling. Later that same day I cam out to his girl friend again by accident because me and my ex where talking about the local gay scene in my area and that he would ask a few people about the best places to go. His girl friend came in at the tail end on of the conversation. She looked at me and said ok I've have a few really wierd thoughts running through my head at the moment. I said I am gay. She then said ok that's cool.

It was all very positive.

I also came out to another person that night too, I went out for a few drinks with a friend and usually everytime we go out she goes on about us going out and finding me a nice man and normally I just laugh it off, but this time I didn't I said well actually a nice female would be a much better idea. She wasn't surprised either and she said she would ask one of her other mates about places to go and that she would come with me if I wanted her too (she is totally straight), I really appreciated our night out more than normal.

2. Mickey

Good for you. I think it's great that your ex was so positive about it and that you've remained on good terms,especially since you have kids together.
    And it's good,too,that his g/f and your straight friend are okay with this,too.
    I love positive coming out stories. Congratulations.

3. Thisisnew

Congrats that's really nice looks like you have some good people in your life :slight_smile:

4. moonlight

Thank you both very much.

Yes I do have some great people in my life and that they are all very supportive.
    My next challenge is to tell my sister, I think she will be ok with it, I have been trying to tell her for ages, I think she has sort of guessed but even so I want to actually say it.

5. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well congratulations on coming out. It's good having some supportive people around you who know, having a positive experience like that should make coming out to your sister that little bit easier.