1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Shaking

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by paytah, Apr 13, 2009.

1. paytah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been almost twelve hours since I told my counselor I pretty much like girls. I've been seeing her for a while and kind of skating around the issue, and I finally got it out today. I have no idea how I feel about it, except that I'm still a little shaky and freaking out.

I didn't really think it'd be as hard as it was, but I guess it's way different to say the words in your head and to say them out loud. The whole time I knew exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't get the words out.

No idea how I'm going to manage anyone else if talking to my therapist about it was this hard. :frowning2:

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As someone that's barely out to anyone, I'll say that it does start to get easier the more people you come out to.

3. Level N Human

Why the sad face? You've come out to someone, that's a big step! If you've managed to tell your therapist without anyone's else help, I'm sure you'll make great progress in telling anyone else you have to as well. And now your therapist can help if you need too right? Congrats.

4. paytah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I keep trying to convince myself that it was a big step too, except then I keep starting to panic again. It's just weird to have a real life acknowledgement of the fact that, hey, I actually do feel this way and it's very very real.

5. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

agreed you should be happy it may feel a little weird at first but that feeling will go away.(*hug*)

6. Mickey

Congratulations,sweetie! You DID it! I agree that the first person is always the hardest.
    Give yourself a big pat on the back,you deserve it.
    Now...breathe! And remember,what you did was very brave. It really does get easier.
    Like was said,you now have someone you can talk to about it and she can help you to accept it all and to continue to feel more positive.
    All the best to you. Relax now and enjoy it. You're now on your way to the life you were meant to live.

7. Thisisnew

Hey congrats you came out to someone that's a big deal relax and be proud. :slight_smile:

8. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hey there!!! I promise you it will get better! Granted, when you first discover your sexuality you never think you'll be able to talk about it and the first coming out seems equaly as impossible. Personally, the first couple of times I came out I was shaking, so nervous, felt sick and as if someone had punched me in the stomach, but the feeling you get afterwards is so much better! Of course it takes a while to sink in and get used to the idea that your once heavy guarded secret is out in the open, but honestly, it gets better. Well done for taking the first step though! It's brilliant so congrats :grin:
    Also, hopefully now you have told her you can start to talk about it, and make it less of a scary issue! But well done!!! *hugs*

9. aerwolfen

congrats brave one, i cried on my first coming out,but now its easy as pie,it will get better,you know you have our support,take your time and when you feel ready you'll know it,and it will feel better,well done!.

10. Tiffany

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good, I'm proud of you. Coming out to anyone is hard, but I think it's a good step. In the beginning I found it really, really hard to articulate out loud... and I didn't talk about it for about a year after that b/c I figured if it was that hard to say then it probably wasn't true.... I was wrong. I don't know what I would've done to process if I couldn't have talked to my counselor about it... she's been so helpful.

Good luck to you and don't be afraid- talking about it is good and counseling is a safe place.