1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told a guy at work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by riddlerno1, Apr 14, 2009.

1. riddlerno1

Hi, this is what happened yesterday and i still cant believe this happened!

So, for those of you who know, i work one day a week at my paid job and one of the guys wanted a lift to the tube station. so i was like fair enough i will drop you off as its on my way home. On the way we were just chatting and he asked me if i had a girlfriend. I said no, but then without thinking i then said "there wont be any girlfriends as i am gay."

He was quite shocked and then said really...so you have a partner. I said no and he then asked 'well how do u know that you are gay'. I said cos 'i dont fancy girls'. He is a bit ignorant, i know, but then we reached the station and he left. This was just after i managed to stall the car and couldnt start it again, so we didnt finsh the conversation.

I am so happy in myself that i was just able to say it when he asked but no i am worried about how the other people at work will react cos i know he will tell everyone. I am sure that they wont react badly but you just never know.

2. Mickey

Good for you,that took guts!

3. aerwolfen

i'm sure it will be ok,you were man enough to say it out loud,i'm sure you'll deal with it in the same manner if a co-worker brings it up,its your life and your business,i wouldn't get overly worked up,and good for you.

4. Jtonka1

Just hope for the best and exspect the worst so you can be prepared...