1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did the thing again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BreakinDaylight, Feb 25, 2017.

1. BreakinDaylight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Over the summer I came out to 50+ people. It went well, I cried, I got a million hugs from pretty girls, and I was met with a LOT of acceptance. Even people who I was told would be harsh to me were actually really kind. :icon_bigg

At one point during the summer, there was a dance, and I actually went for once. The room was crowded, so I went on the balcony to get some air. This one guy who I was told was not accepting walked up to me, and he asked how I was doing and invited me to hang out with his friends. He used my correct name and pronouns and even called me "man", I felt so happy about that. :icon_bigg

The people I came out to were the members of my college prep program (students from grades 9-12), and through the program everyone becomes a lot closer like a family since the program lasts for all of our four years in high school. Since coming out, I've grown a lot closer with everyone and it's wonderful.

Every January we get new freshmen in the program, so today I came out to all of the new freshmen.
    It went well, a girl from the sophomore class clapped really loudly and told me how proud she is of me. Two girls came out as pan afterward, and another girl came out as gay. It made me really happy to see them opening up too.

Even the advisors/ teachers in the program are respectful towards me and use my correct name and pronouns. They're also careful not to out me to my parents, and they correct people on my pronouns if they hear someone mess up. They are as supportive as they can be, and it has meant so so much to me to have adults like them in my life.

Coming out as been nerve-wracking, but overall the results have been really good. :icon_bigg I'm planning on coming out to my parents in a month or two, so having this support network means a lot to me and has been very helpful.

So this was my experience in coming out, and I thought I'd share it bc the world could always use more happy coming out stories.
    I hope you have a nice day/night/afternoon/evening/morning! (*hug*)

2. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats, dude. I wish I had the courage to cone out to a room full of people.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey BreakinDaylight, thanks for sharing your story!:thumbsup: It's always great to hear such positive stories here on EC!:slight_smile: