1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

talk with my dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by katie, Apr 16, 2009.

1. katie

well...my mom told my dad...and i asked him for his thoughts last night. he thinks its a phase...and that i think im bi cos its seen as fashionable. not sure what to make of this. its a better response than my mom...but its still not positive.
    pah

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) Give him time, because time will prove that it's NOT a phase. Sorry it wasn't the best reaction but well done for asking for his thoughts, that's a good step.

3. aerwolfen

i agree keeping the lines of communication open is very good,and important ove time he will see your serious and he will be even more understanding.well done.

4. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i dont see why parents think these things are just a phase. give them time im sure they will see and if you have to...take a girl home to meet them haha ^_^

5. GhostDog

Good on ya for mentioning it! But, peh, "fashionable", my ass! Nothing like the prospect of getting crap for being not gay enough, or too gay, or indecisive, or trendy, or a slut... I might mention that at some point, that this isn't some "decision", 'cause who'd choose to put up with all that if that wasn't who you really were? Heh, but then, I haven't approached my parents yet, so I can't claim to have a lot of experience here.

Stay strong! Like the others said, time will tell, meanwhile best thing you can do is keep on being you. <3

6. katie

yea, i mean how is it fashionable to be excluded socially by ppl who dont understand!!! how is fashionable to be harrassed and picked on??? lol my dad can make me laugh. but my parents r stopping me from seeing my gf atm...i dont know how that will help...ill just want her more! lol i dont think my parents think these things thru!:bang:
    x

7. Thisisnew

I'm sorry he thinks that. I hate when people think it's a phase it sucks. Give him time he will see it's not a phase.