1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Étoile, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Étoile

I want to come out at school, but I'm scared. My classmates are practically dragging me out of the closet, some good-heartedly, some with bitchy intentions.

I've had a guy I know tell me it'd be okay if I was gay and I'm not even that close to him! Another girl I know is always suggesting that she knows I'm gay and I just smile or give a coy response.

I'm not comfortable with coming out just yet since I know the news would spread like wildfire and I don't want my best friend knowing, being uncomfortable, or hurt since I didn't tell him first.

What shall I do?:confused:

2. Greggers

You could tell your best friend, THEN come out?

It sounds like you have a good support group AND that your ready to come out yourself, so you dont have to be too scared about the idea :slight_smile: But like you said, just remember that it WILL spread and it will spread fast. After you come out to basically the entire school you have to assume that everyone basically knows.

3. Thisisnew

You said your not comfortable with coming out just yet so I would wait until your fully ready. Then tell your best friend first.

4. Étoile

See, I don't know how my best friend will take it. Two years ago, he said that he had no problem with gays and that "God will forgive them for their sins." I just don't like the way that sounded. He's not that religious, so I was surprised when he said that. Recently, he's sounded more liberal, saying that "it's not a big deal when someone's gay" but that can change when you find out someone close to you are gay.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like he's getting more comfortable with the idea, and I have a feeling that coming out to him is going to help with that, not hurt it. I'd come out to him first, both so that he doesn't get mad about you not telling him earlier, and so you have someone by your side in case some people take it badly :slight_smile:

6. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd go with that.
    I mean, the way I did it was... Tell the people I really wanted to know, and then throw it on Facebook. Eventually it'll work it's way out, and it's all out of my hands now. I like it this way.