1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My (Incomplete) Coming Out Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Casey221B, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Casey221B

In fifth or sixth grade, I thought it would be cool to be gay. I'm not sure why because even though being gay is awesome, queer people often go through a lot of hardship. Anyways, I was thinking I might be gay, but not seriously.

In sixth grade, my twin sister told me she thought she was gay. For some reason, my mind went immediately to well guess I'm not gay because it's not like multiple queer people existing in a family is plausible.

In seventh grade, I didn't really think I was gay because there was a guy at my school I thought was attractive. But then, I came back from winter break and BAM! I had a crush on one of my (female) friends.

So I stewed over this for a while, going from gay to bi to gay to bi over and over again. I told my sister I had a crush on a girl in my class. She proceeded to ask me if it was each guy in my class. Then, she started on naming girls until I said yes to one of the names.

Anyways, eventually I decided I was in fact gay, and started coming out. My first strategy was to randomly email/text a couple of my friends that I'm gay with no preamble and then slowly freak out.

I eventually started texting/emailing people stuff like hi, I thought you might be interested to know that I'm gay. Have a good weekend.

Eventually, I became confident enough to actually mention my attraction to girls to actual people in actual face-to-face conversation. Luckily, no one had any sort of problem with it.

Then, I started questioning my gender. I mentioned it to my sister, but mostly just thought and thought and thought. I thought I was a demigirl for a while, so I texted a couple of my friends to tell them that. Of course, I decided I wasn't a demigirl pretty soon after telling them.

Then one day, my sister came home from school and told me that our friend (who I knew is asexual) is panromantic and not cis. So, I texted her and was like hey i hear you're not cis.

She told me she's genderfluid, and I mentioned that I'm questioning my gender. She asked me what I thought my gender was, and I said I don't know.

So that's basically my really long and incomplete coming out story.

2. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a good start, hopefully you figure out your gender sometime soon, I don't imagine it feels great not knowing