1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have come out many times but not enough apparently

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by whyarepeoplehot, Mar 18, 2017.

1. whyarepeoplehot

I've come out several times in my life to several people, so I have many stories to tell. Fortunately, all of the people I've come out to were accepting. Unfortunately, I've only come out to people about my sexuality.
    My coming out story with my brother, who was the first person who I came out to, is really boring. I just told him when he commented about how one day I'd have a boyfriend, and I ended up saying to him "or a girlfriend, you never know". Then I said I was bisexual and he was pretty much accepting.
    Coming out to my mom was... an experience, to say the least. We were on the car, I had just finished drama class so it was late at night, and somehow the conversation turned into gay rights... Yeah, so I found myself on a position where my mom was talking about "the gays" and I was just getting pissed off and argued with her for a while. The moment we pulled into the driveway, my mom just turned to me and asked me "Why do you care so much anyway?". Before I say anything else, I just need to remind you that I had just been on a 10 minute drive with my mom bad mouthing people from my community and I had just left rehersal so I was tired and probably not in the best state of mind. I turned to her and yelled "Because I am bisexual, that's why", and I just left the car as fast as possible and hid in my room. I dont remember what happened next, but I think we ended up talking things out because we are in good terms now, and I can speak openly about it with her? The only bad thing about coming out to her, was that she told some people of our family that I would have rather her not have told about it, but I think they forgot about it? Its been like four years, I dont know.
    All the friends I eventually came out to where pretty neat about it. I mean, half of my class is lgbtq+ so that's also really cool!
    I actually have yet to come out to my father. Honestly, I've thought about doing it a lot, but I have no idea on his thoughts about gay people?? He never talks about it, at least not in front of me so. And I have no idea how to bring up the subject to him... I guess I also want his approval....
    So, yea those are my coming out stories ahah.