1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An encouraging coming out experience

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by i am just me, Mar 22, 2017.

1. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I finally had what I consider my second "real" coming out this weekend. I stayed with a friend of mine who lives in another city and made it the trips resolution to come out to her while I'm there. We had a lot of deep conversation on basically every aspect of life, but for the first two days, I let every opportunity to talk about gender and sexuality pass. Then we talked about childhood and I told her how I always played pretend as a boy. She asked me why and I came out as "being neither a man nor a woman". She was super-supportive and we went on to have a conversation about gender in general.

The next day, we talked about the concept of marriage and when she asked me if ever wanted to marry, I stuttered something along the lines of "I'm not sure" until I finally worked up the courage to say: "and depending on what partner I end up with, I don't even know if I am allowed to marry" I went on explaining that I am pansexual, and for the first time ever used that label in an actual face-to-face conversation instead of just saying that I am attracted to both genders. Again, she was extremely supportive and it wasn't a big deal at all.

I am much more confident to come out to other people now because this was such a smooth and positive experience. I guess I just want you to know that coming out doesn't always have to be dramatic and that it gets easier every time you do it. Besides I want to thank all of you because ec has helped me to grow much more confident with who I am :slight_smile:

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, i am just me!:thumbsup: That's wonderful how accepting your friend was with your Coming Out! Thanks for sharing your story!:slight_smile:

3. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I'm happy for you :slight_smile: