1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The door is open!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SocceRoo, Mar 23, 2017.

1. SocceRoo

Hello all!

Ill try keep these short

First was a good friend and now also my boyfriend! he's bi and prefers guys. He fixed my computer for free, after it blue screened and later found some furry art work on my files, completely by accident. After stressing out and consulting with an amazing, online, furry friend, my furry friend convinced me to tell him the truth. To which he said it was awesome, liked it a lot and we talked a lot more (I turned him to the dark fuzzy side :3). Around September the 27th (another friends birthday) and a few days after, that we ended up dating and have been ever since :slight_smile:

2nd was my mother.
    I talk to my friends and my brothers a lot and I had decided that I need to move out of home and start my life. I also decided that I should tell her about my partner as that's where I intended to move to. That wasn't my biggest concern though, telling her I was moving out, was. you have to understand that my mom is now 60, single, lives alone in the country and has no family to help her, only friends to help. She's also incredibly stubborn and doesn't want to move. finally with a major discussion/argument (and a mental break down into tears -_-) I told her I was moving out and out of know where she asked me if this was because of a girl, I shook my head, she then asked if it was a guy and I nodded, she said my boyfriends name in question and I nodded again. later we talked about it and she was reasonably accepting. ^.^

3rd was my dad.
    Dad knew I was moving out and had moved out and as he happened to be driving the long drive in this direction he asked if he could stay the night and catch up. I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to force myself to tell him, as he would figure it out either way. After showing him where he was going to be sleeping, he asked, where I was sleeping, to which I said, I'll explain that down stairs. About half an hour later I started to tell him, although he butted in, with "I know" I forgot the rest but he was completely accepting even more so than my mum somehow XD ^.^

that concludes my list so far although I plan to tell a close friend soon *fingers and toes Crossed*

If you guys would like a little more detail about me coming out feel free to ask, and I'll try to remember :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks! to anyone that comments and/or reads <3

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! hopefully you'll continue getting support as you come out to more people!

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, SocceRoo!:thumbsup: That's great! I'm glad that everyone has been so accepting so far! Thanks for sharing your stories!:slight_smile:

4. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! Great that your parents were accepting. I wish you all the best with coming out to that friend you mentioned.

5. SocceRoo

Thanks all for the replies! :slight_smile:
    quick update: i just came out to my close friend. He really didn't seem bothered at all. He said it doesnt bother him and he even gave a cheeky smile and put on an accent, then said "see this (pointing to his open palm), these are all the f*** i give" xD
    By far the best response I could have hoped for ^.^

6. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats and good luck :slight_smile:

7. SocceRoo

Thanks ^.^