1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Establishing What Was Already Suspected

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by HopelessDreamer, Mar 27, 2017.

1. HopelessDreamer

So, my coming out story wasn't too eventful since my family already suspected I was gay, or at least questioning it.

I delayed the process for a long time, not knowing how my parents would react. It had never really been a topic brought up at all in my house so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I have two older sisters who are probably my best friends, and I knew they wouldn't care much if their little brother was gay, but still, I waited some time before telling them. When I officially told them it was when we went out for supper one night after some event that I don't remember. We were waiting on our food and one of my sisters started asking the other what they thought of one of the waiters serving another table. They did the whole "OMG! So hot! Blah, blah, blah", ignoring me for the time being. Unfortunately, one of them caught the serious blush on my face and asked if I was embarrassed (naturally with a wicked grin on her face). This turned into an "awww, poor baby..." until the eldest of the two asked what I thought about the waiter. Apparently I'm easy to read because the next thing she asked was, "Are you gay?". I didn't reply at first, and soon they lost interest in picking on my as the food came and supper went as normal.

When we were leaving and walking back to the car, she asked again and said it wouldn't matter either way. That night I came out to both of them. Now it was just our parents.

They were another story. When I told them, with some help from my sisters, they kind of went quiet and wouldn't meet my eyes until my mom hugged me and said it was okay. My dad was a little more upset I think cause all he said was that it was going to be different. Eventually they got over it, now they all poke fun at me for it.

Most of my friends already knew by the time I told my parents, and some also suspected I was gay before I told them. All in all, it wasn't too dramatic, a little stressful, and led to a lot of eye rolls and annoying siblings claiming me as "their little princess".

I had some problems with school and such from the usual crowd you would expect when things like this happen, and yeah, it got me down at times, but I'm still here and still pushing through.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, HopelessDreamer!:thumbsup: I'm really glad that your Coming Out was so uneventful - that's the best kind of Coming Out, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your story!:slight_smile: