1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to a couple of friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Enzian, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Enzian

So the other day I finally emailed my gay friend about how I was probably gay and not sure where to go next. His response was really good, stressing that I didn't have to try and fit into a category. It's just good to hear from other people (in a real life context as well as on here) who have been in similar situations.

The next day (a couple of days ago) I went to see a couple of friends and got completely paralytic. There are many missing pieces of my memory of that night, but one of them just asked me if I was gay, and I told him I thought I was. He was really nice about it as well, and had quite clearly pretty much guessed beforehand. Beyond that, I can remember very little so I guess the lesson here is that while alcohol might smooth the coming-out process, it can also make it difficult to remember the details.

I still feel really nervous/stressed, so while I'm planning to try the university's LGBT society, I might hold off until I'm calmer. If anyone knows a good way to stop the nervous shaking, I'd love to hear it. It's making it a little hard to type...

2. Greggers

The shaking wont stop until you come out a few more times :slight_smile:

Good job on your first two coming outs! That is great you have a gay friend in real life to help support you and the fact someone guessed it just means thats one less person you have to confront, so good for you (*hug*)

But yea, the nerves will calm once you get used to it. Give that time, everyone gets to the point were coming out is not so scary anymore in there own way.

3. Halpert

Congratulations, this is great news!:thumbsup:

The shaking goes away eventually. I went for lots of long walks, that helped me.

4. Just Adam

congrats on coming out :slight_smile: i know what you mean about the alcahol aswell lol

5. Thisisnew

Congrats :slight_smile: I was shaking when I told that's not a fun feeling.