1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Gay Guy Coming Out week

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by wvbear, Apr 16, 2017.

1. wvbear

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Up to now - just came out to my wife, best friend, his wife, and my brother. This week - I came out to my Mom (not a big deal to me), my uncle, and my Goddaughter and her sister. Overall a good week. (!) Everybody took it good. Mom is unhappy that my marriage is busting up.

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! I'm happy for you. It's really nice most of the people you came out to were supportive. :slight_smile:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, wvbear!:thumbsup: Another brave step forward!:slight_smile:

4. wvbear

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think this makes it a lot more real. and a lot more honesty in my life!

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely! More power to you!:slight_smile:

6. wvbear

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well it did get a little weird now with my Mom (and also my Aunt). Mom stopped talking to me. My Aunt basically said that I was an abomination of God. i did push back to my Aunt that I'm not evil. I'll give Mom a few weeks to process it.

I am doing Ok now - got my cry out but at the end of the day, i can't control what other people feels. Thankfully, most of my family is accepting of this.

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Dude,

I feel for you! Definitely give your Mom time to process this. Remember, you had your whole life to understand and accept your sexuality. She has clearly been shocked. But the bottom-line SHOULD be that you are her son and parents are supposed to have unconditional love for their children. Not love as long as you are only heterosexual. That's ridiculous.

The saddest thing is that we can't control how others react to our Coming Out. If the people we Come Out to are so ignorant of the true nature of sexuality or choose to listen to societal stereotypes or biblical fallacies over the love for the real, human being that we are, then I consider them so far gone into an unrealistic world that they can't even see the real person in front of them. That is ALWAYS very sad. But, honestly, mostly for them. Because they can't recognize the reality of the person in front of them for the false teachings of an ideology. In other words, they choose to put other people's words before the ties of kindredship. That is so disheartening and very ignorant.