1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out #2

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by The1nkling, Apr 17, 2017.

1. The1nkling

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I came out to my mom and dad a few years back and it went well with my mom but not my dad and yesterday I had the opportunity to give it another shot. (With my mom and brother this time). It wasn't really my choice unfortunately. We were talking about my hair and how I wanted to cut it short and my brother said that I was trying to be something I'm not. Then he mentioned how he'd overheard that I had a crush on a girl and said that my hair was related to that. I finally came out and said it, "I'm bi." then I turned to my mom, "You know this." This spurred a long conversation between the three of us. My brother reacted poorly at first, as expected, but came around in the end. My mom reacted the same as the first time, telling me she loves and supports me no matter what. The only thing I didn't like this time around was that she said that she, again, thought the reason behind my sexuality was that I was very insecure. That's just kinda insulting to me idk. The reason I didn't come out as pan instead of bi is because I didn't want to get into the whole gender discussion. That, hopefully, will never see the light of day.