1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just thoughts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Noratical98, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Noratical98

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First, I don't intend this to sound bragging, I just want to share some of the things I've come to appreciate since coming out.

I truly feel like I have a blessed life! Of course I'm not 100% happy but as far as being me is concerned I feel very lucky. I have supportive friends and family and I have found the confidence to slowly discover myself since coming out and I really feel like it's helped me find an entirely new attitude and approach to my life.

Coming out has obviously allowed me to more openly expose myself to the LGBT community which has taught me so much about diversity and brought to my attention all the remaining issues with regard to discrimination in all forms and given me an understanding and appreciation of them. I feel like a better person for it, less judgmental (though still a flaw of mine).

On good days like today I feel proud of myself for getting to this stage and excited for more! Sorry if this was totally nauseating, I just wanted to express how grateful I am for largely winning the circumstantial lottery somewhere.

Though these words have little physical power to help anyone, I just wish for every LGBT person that they can have the opportunities I have. I send all positive vibes and well wishes to everyone on this journey with me.