1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more down.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mirko, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night I met up with a (straight) friend of mine to whom I wasn't out yet. After spending an hour at a pub we decided to go to a nightclub. Although he wanted to go to a popular nightclub just down the road I suggested a gay bar/club instead. I just mentioned it by name, and he became curious as to what kind of a club it is and asked if it is a traditional club. My reply: I don't think it's a traditional club. It's the gay club! And this is when it hit me, that I wasn't out to him....oops....

Well, he connected the dots pretty quickly and was/is pretty cool with it. After I told him about myself and the nightclub he actually looked forward to going there and we stayed there for about two hours before going to another club. On our way home, he asked me a few questions such as for how long I have known and to whom I'm out and mentioned that he already had some gay friends.

But we had a blast in the gay nightclub. Well, while he was checking out the girls, I was checking out the guys,....maybe I can say 'hi' to someone next weekend. We already planned that will go again! :slight_smile:

All in all, it was a great evening!

2. EM68

That's great. It can be hard sometimes keeping track who you came out to. Next time, you should go and introduce yourself to people who are there. 99.9% of them are gay, so chances are you will be talking to a gay guy!

3. Bryan44

Thats awesome! Congrats. I wish I could convince my straight friends to go a gay club with me lol.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Thats pretty awesome, to those not out to anyone, it does get a hell of a lot easier as you become comfortable with yourself.

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Thats awesome congrats

6. Jim1454

Wooo hoooo! Congrats!

7. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile:

8. Just Adam

great come out its brilliant youve such an open supportive friend :slight_smile: