1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out (if you can call it that)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jedi, May 22, 2017.

1. Jedi

I wanted to tell my family but I am not sure of my sexuality so over dinner I just said "I just wanted to tell you I really like this girl"(I am a girl) and my mum just said oh okay. Then we had a bit of a talk but what she said made sense and she was really great about it. She just told me that it doesn't matter to her which gender I like but she said she doesn't want me to make any big decisions about myself yet or put myself in a box since I'm 15 and it could be a phase which makes sense to me. The great thing is that my family is perfectly fine whichever way I am:icon_bigg I'm happy that I finally worked up the courage to tell them because it's been weighing on me for a while. I was so worried about their reaction but it was mostly just in my head. I'm quite proud of myself for telling them and I hope I figure out what I am soon so we all know.

---------- Post added 22nd May 2017 at 03:33 PM ----------

I wanted to tell my family but I am not sure of my sexuality so over dinner I just said "I just wanted to tell you I really like this girl"(I am a girl) and my mum just said oh okay. Then we had a bit of a talk but what she said made sense and she was really great about it. She just told me that it doesn't matter to her which gender I like but she said she doesn't want me to make any big decisions about myself yet or put myself in a box since I'm 15 and it could be a phase which makes sense to me. The great thing is that my family is perfectly fine whichever way I am:icon_bigg I'm happy that I finally worked up the courage to tell them because it's been weighing on me for a while. I was so worried about their reaction but it was mostly just in my head. I'm quite proud of myself for telling them and I hope I figure out what I am soon so we all know.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost." - J R R Tolkien