1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to Everyone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mason, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Mason

So, ya. I figured my first post on this website should be on this forum, so, here goes.

I first realized that I was bi back in........ 6th grade. I didn't want to believe it though, so I didn't for a while. It was about 7th grade that I actually started having attractions to guys. I started having strange attractions to guys that were like my best friends and all, and me only being in 7th grade, I had no clue what it was all about. I just ignored it. Eventually, I found that I was getting more and more attracted to guys by the day. This continued all the way to 10th grade. I finally decided that I was bi, and accepted who I was. I came out to my friends the next day. I got mixed reactions from all. Some laughed, some were confused, some were weirded out, some were happy for me. That's how I first came out.

It was to my parents that I was worried about coming out to. I didn't tell them for all of 10th grade. I'm in 11th grade now, and I told my mom during the Day of Silence. She told me that it was just a phase. I can't tell my step-dad, because he is completely against gays and told me that if I liked guys, he'd send me to a therapist. My real dad told me to be who I gotta be. Then I ended up telling my older brother on a road trip one day. He accepted it pretty well. My sisters were next, who both were pretty chill about it.

And, well, that is my story. Pretty dull, I know. I'm a bad story teller. XD

2. Greggers

Thats really amazing and brave of you to come out the day after you finally accepted it yourself. Im glad you had alot of people take it so-so/good though, that always makes it so much easier when coming on the next time(s) :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC (*hug*)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:
    Congratulations on your journey thus far! You've come a long way. :slight_smile:
    I'm glad that your brother and sisters as well as most of your friends are accepting and supportive. I'm sorry to hear though that your mum and step dad are not as accepting. Hopefully your mum will come around soon.

4. aerwolfen

hey there congrats on being so brave and coming out,give it time and hopefully your parents will be there for you when you need them,until then stay positive and enjoy your new identity,well done.

5. Bryan44

Congrats on coming out to all of them. Thats awesome.
    And..
    Welcome to EC :grin:

6. Alex19

kudos on coming out to them! and welcome to EC! so- do u u like any gender more than the other? or would u say u like both about the same? from what i read, it looks like u prefer boys, but im just curious.

7. Jim1454

Hey - as far as I'm concerned, dull is good.

A dull coming out means that the people were accepting and didn't make a big deal - the way it should be.

Welcome to EC!

8. Magnet

Welcome to EC. Congratulations that's amazing :slight_smile:

9. Mason

I prefer boys over girls.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's really cool how nice and supportive everyone was here. XD Although, I expected nothing less.

10. Mickey

Welcome to EC. Congratulations! Great stories are never boring!