1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by maz10, May 15, 2009.

1. maz10

Ok so here’s my coming out story, can I just apologies I’m not a very good speller although I will proof read it which is an amassment for me and sorry for the length I tried to shorten it. Sorry it made 998 words.

Just a bit of a background, since along as I could remember I’ve always looked at guys in more off a sexual way. On tv or at school, I had a crush in junior school someone 2 year above me. At the time, I didn’t realise what this meant but I knew it wasn’t the norm. Like you do you shrug it off don’t tell anyone. From that point till about 13 years old I just blanked it out then I started to fool around with my next door neighbour same age as me and things got serious to the point I lost the big V, I know this is way too young. Nothing was ever said about that ever again between us, which was fine with me I didn’t want to recall that moment.

Nothing thing happened again apart from the questioning myself and reassuring myself it was just a phase and I would get over it. Then at the age of 15 my best friend made a move on me when sleeping at my house which I was totally uncomfortable but I was too scared to say no, that one went the same way as the last one I wasn’t very proud of myself.
    This wasn’t really helping me reassure it was just a phase, but I put it down to another blip I can get over it. At the age of 17 I was coming round to the idea of being Bi as I was attracted some girl like 1/50 would catch my eye which was the complete opposite at it was like 4/15 guys would catch my eye. Well I wasn’t really ready to accept that so I went on my way just burying my head under the work and ignored it, made up lies to cover the fact that I had sex with girls to my friends.

Well about 12 weeks ago, my friend in college told me that someone I used to hang around in High School is gay. He made the remake as to watch your back round him or he’ll I think u can imagine the rest (He’s not homophobic honest) I just think it was one of the comments you make when your with your friends.
    That comment got me thinking just because he didn’t know how I feel he didn’t have to watch his back round me. I went home that day and thought long and hard couldn’t get it out of my mind for a week until I started to do the research on the internet about it. Read how you can say it on your head, which made me feel sick. Then move on to saying it aloud which I can happily do both now.

The next step was for me to tell people, the first person I wanted to tell was my mum. I knew she would be cool with if for two reasons. She out right asked me like 3 week before, not because I act fem or anything just for the pure fact of lack of girlfriends and all my female friends. At the time I just said no which I rather regretted a week later. Also she has a good friend who is a lesbian.

Therefore, I had to tell her on my own which was hard; I took me a whole week. I tired telling her on the motorway, which I’m glad I didn’t probably caused a crash lol. So I did a lot of starting a sentence the leaving mid way threw as I would chickening out and walk in to a room and leave again some very strange stuff I’m surprised she didn’t pick up on something been wrong. Well it was one Sunday night 10pm to be exact and I just been to the toilet I know it’s not the normal place the be thinking about it. Well I slammed the door open just spurted out the words “Mum I need to tell you something, I’m GAY” with a massive grin on my face. Probably not the best move but I can’t do serious when I need to do it.

It ended up in her not believing me and me marching out saying as If you don’t believe me. Neither of us slept that night. In the morning, I couldn’t look at her. She asked me out right is it true then and I was like YES. She wanted to talk there and then but my gran came in to the kitchen and didn’t want her to know, still don’t really she has a fog horn for a gob. I told her we can talk in the car and she wasn’t 100% sure I was sure, she said you could be Bi you know and I was like I am pretty sure but who knows. Sex with girls is a real off putter for me.

We end up talking in the car for about half an hour and didn’t say anything else on the subject for about 3 weeks until an advert for Enrique Iglesias came on and she made a comment about his looks. My answer to her comment was as if I would pass that up, with a little grin on my face. She then tired getting me to talk to a team member of her’s as she loves him and wants him as a son in law it that the right term lol. Now she keeps making random comment now in jest, which makes me smile and just reply with a dirty comment usually.

So all in all I think I have a great mum and if you want to know more coming our stories I have more.
    Thanks for reading.

2. kettleoffish

wow. That's a pretty long bit of text you've got there, I really got into reading it.

(*hug*), I'm glad it all turned out good in the end, your mum sounds like a really cool person. If you think a week is a long time to wait to tell your mother, then you're lucky. That's all I can say about that - I've been trying to tell my own for... almost 3 years now :eek:.

3. maz10

Trust me it felt like a lifetime, more than long enough for me. Thanks for reading it.

4. paco

paco Guest

sounds like a great mom. gratz dude. good luck in trying to make serious things sound serious in the future.

are you ever planning to tell your grandmother? i kinda feel the same way telling my grandparents..

5. maz10

Defiantly going to tell her, it bit hard as well as she lives with us. I think it will be sooner rather than later tho, but I have the added fact that she does have a gay child herself, so I know she won’t take it badly. It just time and place really.

6. craigyboi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nice story Maz, enjoyed reading it. My parents and aunts/uncles know but i do think the hardest people to tell are your grandparents mainly cus theyre older and not likely to accept it as much as younger family members. My parents are still in denial after many years but have been lucky enough to been able to afford to buy my own place last year and learn to be myself and do what i want without the 50 questions after everything you do.

7. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your mum :slight_smile:

8. paco

paco Guest

i live with one of my grandfathers too, soo... im not entirely sure how i'm gonna keep it from him...but i think i will, i think he might be too conservative to understand, so why damage the relationship?

nice that you're fairly confident with your grandmother though. time and place kept me at bay from telling my sister for months lol, good luck finding the right moment :thumbsup:

9. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sounds interesting; and since it's about your coming out, I will definitely read it, once I get time (now will have to go offline) and try to get few facts out of it. And this might also help me coming out :wink:

10. Jim1454

Great story. Thanks for sharing!

11. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Well done matie! Glad it went well :grin:

12. silentsound

congratulations mate!