1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nisomer, Jul 12, 2005.

1. nisomer

Well, I finally did it! Here's how it went. As some of you might know, I was planning on coming out to multiple people who I am working with at a childrens music camp. Then I realized there was going to be a lot more counselors than I had expected, so what I did was just narrowed it down to one person. I said to her yesterday that I needed to tell her something, but I couldn't do it with people around. Then I decided that the day was just too chaotic because it was the first day, and all the kids needed to be helped, so I decided to tell her today. During the kids' lunchtime I took her aside and she said "yay are you finally going to tell me now?" Now, I had everything planned out as to what I was going to say, and it seemed none of it came out as I intended. We walked to the other side of the building, sat down on a bench, and I said, "I don't really know how to say this, so I guess I'll just say it...I'm gay." Her response- "Okay...do you want to talk about it?" I just told her I thought she needed to know, and it was something I needed to tell her. She was pretty supportive, and she said that she was glad I told her.

I'm planning to come out to one of the other counselors as well maybe later this week, but there it is, I finally did it!

2. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

w00t! Congrats!

3. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Congratulations! It gets easier as you go... *does a jig*

4. goratrix

Congrats! the first is always the hardest... it gets a lot easyer, and perhaps even funny to come out...

5. hawkeye

cool! congrats!

6. JonB321

Good job! Congratulations, and as us yids like to say, Mazel Tov. Doesn't it kind of feel like a roller coaster?

7. That's awesome, nk! :slight_smile: Way to go.

8. Micah

I'm glad it went well for you, nk :grin:

Now you know you have atleast one person supporting you, it's downhill from here :slight_smile:

9. TriBi

YAY!

Sounds like it was all positive!

Congrats.

10. Matt

Matt Guest

It never does. :wink: ..|

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is super-late but I had a really busy July. But CONGRATS! Did you tell anyone else?