1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin has been telling people.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Spencer, May 25, 2009.

1. Spencer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got a call from Marie, my cousin, today. I was excited because I never get to see her. When I answered the phone, “Oh my god, you’re gay!” were the first words out of her mouth. Not hello, how are you, I’ve missed you. Just “Oh my god, you’re gay”. Then I could hear my other cousin in the background say “I’m sorry. She’s the last one, I swear.”

The last one? So, she has told others. I’m not surprised, a little disappointed, but not surprised. I can only imagine how many people now know.

Marie was very supportive; she even offered to help find me a boyfriend. I knew that she would be supportive because her brother is bisexual and she is very supportive of him.

Now six people know… well, if I know my cousin it’s probably like hundreds. She likes to gossip.

2. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There will be those...and they are at times incredibly annoying. On the upside though, they can also be incredibly fun. Its sort of like becoming a one man amusement park? Anyway congrats. :eusa_clap

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I'm sorry about your cousin telling people when you are not ready to. But on a light night congrats on Marie being very understanding.

4. DexterMorgan

It happens. You'll find that some people just can't keep their mouth shut.

When other people found out about me, I became hostile just like you. Then I just told everyone they might as well tell everyone else because it wasn't much of a secret anymore. I have been much happier since then.

If you get overwelmed, you might as well let it out. Gossip sucks when it's about you.