1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to one of my sisters :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CrystalCat, May 28, 2009.

1. CrystalCat

So, i've been thinking about coming out to one of my sisters for a while. I was about to do it last week when we went to dinner but her friends were there too, so i decided against it. So this morning i left her a note saying "i'm gay(seriously)" and told her to have fun camping (she was going upstate to camp with some of her friends but is going 2m instead) . I came home to my surprise seeing her there, and she looked at me. Then i proceeded to the kitchen looking for something to cook and she said "oh, i saw your note" For a while she thought I was joking with her and that this was an elaborate prank because i was smiling the whole time, but she finally realized i was completely serious and hugged me. Then asked the usual questions like how long you've known, are you questioning or completely sure, have you had a girlfriend, who else knows. She assured me that she wouldn't tell anyone else and that she wants me to come out to others in my family in my own time. She even said that if she had her own apartment she would have a coming out party for me (lol). Thankfully this went so well, if it wasn't for all the coming out stories i've read here i definitely wouldn't have come out to anyone in my family for years. Thank you guys :newcolor::thewave:

2. EM68

Congrats! Sounds like you have a great sister.

3. Thisisnew

Nice congrats awesome sister :slight_smile:

4. Mickey

Good for you. Your sister sounds awesome. I'm glad it was so
    positive for you.

5. GhostDog

Awww, awesome sister! And I agree with her, people should totally have coming out parties! =D

I'm glad EC helped you take that step, and I'm really glad it went so well for you. =) Conga rats to you!!

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your sister! I'm glad it went so well.