1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How an ex can be good! (Coming Out)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ANightDude, May 30, 2009.

1. ANightDude

About a month and a half ago, I was downtown, working at an arts building, which I had been volenteering at for four years. As I worked in this certain booth, I noticed a guy, who with his friend, continued to look at me and talk with his friend. As I went inside, he asked my sister (who because of this, I came out to), if I was gay. She said she didn't know, and I ended up getting his number. So in any case, I was very excited for this.

We started texting and talking for God knows how long... three weeks I believe. We had a date planned for that saturday. So he randomley texted me and said "Why do you talk to me? I have a boyfriend and thats not cool". I knew it wasn't him, so I texted back and asked who had his phone. He said it was him, and that he didn't want to talk to me again. So I called him and, alas, it was him. Turns out, the jerk had a boyfriend, who he had had for months, and failed to tell me (he told me he was single, etc.), and his boyfriend didn't want us talking to each other any more. So I told him goodbye and said "I hope he see's you for what you really are" and hung up on him. (However, the friends and my sister and her friends, who I was out to, were angry over this and fought with him over text... :dry:slight_smile:

Anyway, it was this event that made me realized how much this could cause in my life if I wasn't out. So, out of anger, I went onto myspace and posted a bulition, saying "I'm gay" and got about 7 replies, all were which positive or just curious if I was serious.

So anyway, I don't know why, but he was the best thing to happen to me in my life, because if it wasn't for him, I'd still be so far back in the closet. Now I'm out to most, if not all (with the exception of my parents, who are a different story), and I am lucky. I go to a small school where a third of the guys are gay anyways, and there's about 500 kids (its a magnet school program, next to a normal high school), but I was very lucky because everyone accepted me. True, I've had few, minor, issues with some people, but other than that, it's been great.

Just wanted to share that. :lol:

2. Just Adam

im sorry he was such an ass, but you have taken positive things from this and thats cool :grin: i hope everything works out for you and you find a guy to treat you right :slight_smile:

3. ANightDude

Well, hopefully I have. :icon_wink
    Someone MUCH better.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So sorry to hear that, but as you surmised, better to find out early on that the guy is a creep and a two-timer than to get in a relationship and see him do the same thing to you.

On a competely side note: What sort of magnet school has 1/3 of the male population gay? Is it an arts/theater school?

5. ANightDude

It's actually a communications type of school... for example, I want to be a film director, they do a lot of filmmaking things there. I have no idea why, it just attracts us. :lol:

6. Just Adam

well i hope you and him are very happy together :grin: lol

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People who pull shit like this always make my eyes all bulgey... who on Earth do they think they are, that they can fuck with people's heads like that?! Talk about damaged goods!

I don't doubt your sisters and her friends fought with him over text! What a dirtbag. That being said, I've never heard anyone describe fighting over text before, so that made me feel very out of the loop--and then I was like, "oh right, high school." Man, I don't miss high school very much. *grin*

Anyway, apart from fuckface, that is an awesome story. Congrats! And in TEXAS! As for your parents, well, it's always another story with the parental overlords. :slight_smile:

8. Psychedelic Bookmarks

What a positive story. Congrats for dealing with fuckface (lol @ joeyconnick) so well, and using it to move onwards and upwards!

9. acorn7

Well that guy's a jerk, but a bad situation turned to good? Awesome :grin: Congrats to you!

I want to go to there :eek:

10. dstnwgntn

dstnwgntn Guest

that's a really encouraging story

11. Alexander

I know.... I go to an artsy school as well, and everyone just assumes that all the guys are gay. :]