1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first coming out facebook message

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by paco, Jun 1, 2009.

1. paco

paco Guest

well, i decided i had to tell one of my (guy) friends personally cause he's under the impression that i'm straight and i didnt want him finding out from some third party then thinking i was gonna try something with him--this is kinda spurred by the fact that we hung out today, and if he was gay then i probably would date him, and if he was gay, then today could have actually been a pretty good date lol. but dont be confused, he is straight, and that's definitely a turnoff for me so i really wasnt trying anything.

now, with the backstory out of the way, here is the message i wrote up

"alright dude, i was kinda hoping you would notice yourself without me having to tell you, but i'm actually gay..just didnt wanna buzzkill while we were all crackin jokes ya know?

neway, just sayin cause it came up, pretty public info actually if you wanna check my info. but dont worry dude, i know youre straight. wouldnt try shit, far as your concerned, the only difference is that when we hang out with girls, i'm more like the perfect wingman than competition (c came up with that).<--c is our anonymous mutual friend

get back at me if theres anything you gotta say or ask im super chill with it."

i read it over and i was actually kinda proud of it, especially since i'm dead tired, and super hungry so i cant think straight. but i'd like second third and fourth opinions just to compare. critique me lol

2. Greggers

Well, personally, i would have more implied that you would not try anything with him rather than say it bluntly. The reason for that being then if that WAS not his train of thought, it does not suddenly spark something like "Oh...i never thought of him doing that". But if he was thinking it, he will get his comfort still. Often when you say something as blunt as that people read it as that is your feelings and your just trying to cover it up.

Something like "This wont change anything between us / I wont act any differently / Our friendship will stay the same" or a variation on that i would have used.

But, this is just me. :slight_smile:

3. paco

paco Guest

yes, that actually crossed my mind. i made the conscious decision to say it bluntly though because im pretty sure he would think about it anyway, just cause he is pretty cute and he kinda gives a gay vibe if you know what i mean--and im sure he knows that, so i wanted to clear the road quickly rather than let him start to question and start up a mind set that might lead to awkward avoidance.

thanks for the input greggers :slight_smile:

4. Greggers

no problem, im sure it will go well.

And damn straight men who have the gay vibe. Its so unfair :wink:

5. paco

paco Guest

fo real son! so lucky that i stop liking them once i figure it out or i'd be pretty f:***:ed at my university. almost everyone has it but almost everyone is straight lol.