1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things didn't go quite as planned

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by malachite, Jun 1, 2009.

1. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I was at work yesterday and everyone was gathered in the break area for lunch. As a side note: the guy I have the huge crush on was there. I haven’t seen him in a month. He looks even cuter. I think he’s been working out. Anyway, we got onto the topic of relationship and everyone knows I’ve have come bad ones with women. Someone mentioned that and I responded, “Yeah, that might be why I’m into guys now.” Everyone thought I was joking even though I kept saying, “No I’m really gay now.” They weren’t rude or anything I couldn’t convince them I was gay. I was walking out of work later that day with someone who already knows I’m gay, and one of my friends, who was in the break room during my announcement. I told him I wasn’t kidding. He was cool with it and even asked if we should get red shirts and go to Disney. He was only kidding. I’m not mad or upset but now what? I tried telling people, which is what I’ve been working toward for months now and no one believed me.

:confused::confused2::eusa_eh:

2. epiphanies

They'll start to believe you. At least be happy that they were not mean.

3. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

You told them, your done, you dont need to convince them because you dont need to make a case defending your gayness. Your wern't on trial. Like epiphanies said be happy they wernt mean. Sometimes when we come out we expect the worse and when we arent given our expectations we feel empty. Like opening up a Mcdonalds cheese burger box and wishing it looks like the burgers on the comercial, but then insted it looks like a 1'st grade art project...*emptyness.

4. Jim1454

When you start coming to work and talking about your boyfriend, or having been to Pride, or out at bars and restaurants in the 'gay district' of town, then people will believe you. I wouldn't worry about it. Consider yourself 'out' at work. Check.

5. dstnwgntn

dstnwgntn Guest

wow. thats a tuffy, idk. theyll realize it eventually. try bragging about guys. see what they do

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've told a few people that I wasn't kidding. So, a few more know now, but I have a plan. We have this little moch awards things we do once a year they give awards based on character at the Universal Parks. Like the Scooby award goes to the person who will eat anything, and the Thing 1 and Thing 2 award goes to that couple that is joined at the hip. Anyway, if I win an award I plan on saying on the stage: "Thank you. this is such a shocker, and I have one for...I'm gay, no it's not a joke. Thank you."

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Someone mentioned that and I responded, “Yeah, that might be why I’m into guys now.” Everyone thought I was joking even though I kept saying, “No I’m really gay now.”

The problem in part might be that word "now". It seems to indicate that your homosexuality is fleeting, the way you might say "Now I'm into Infamous on PS3." It sound of sounds like it's a current obsession rather than a permanent state.

Lex

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmmm...I see your point. I only said it that way becuase I have been with women before. I only came out to myself a few months ago.