1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally told my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by epiphanies, Jun 9, 2009.

1. epiphanies

Actually, I told my current roommate, my sister, and my brother-in-law, and all at separate times. I told my brother-in-law (married to my sister) Saturday night at a party, and later that night I told my roommate. Tonight I told my sister.

My brother-in-law was pretty awesome about it. We were sitting on the couch and I was txting this girl, and he said "I bet you're txting a guy." I corrected him and said "Actually, a girl." I then typed in the window "I like her" and pointed at her name. We sat on the couch during the party and whispered back and forth about her. He said he had suspicions, and I knew he did. He said he was happy for me and everything was fine.

Later that night, my roommate got pretty drunk so I let her sleep in my bed. I was getting her settled down and we started talking. She said she was looking for a guy this summer. I said "Well, I'm looking for a girl." Her reaction was just as nice. She just said she was surprised and glad I trusted her after only knowing her for a week. On the way back home the next day after the party we talked about it all. She said she needs to make friends down here so she can leave if this girl were to come down. She also offered me a couple free movies tickets. Woohoo.

Finally, I told my sister tonight. I was going to tell her this weekend, so I was trying to figure out what she was doing on Saturday. I told her I had plans with my friend *J* later that evening. She asked me who *J* was, so I replied "Honestly, a girl I'm talking to." She asked me if I told mom yet, asked what *J* was like, and wanted to see if she would be able to approve of her any time soon. I told *J* this and she said she'd be happy to meet my sister. We might do a double date this weekend. Hmm. :slight_smile:

Anywho, I talked to my sister on the phone for a while tonight. I told her who already knew, when I was planning on telling mom, and who in the family I was worried about telling. So far, I've had 100% good results, and over 20 people now know. Woot.

2. Bryan44

Thats awesome! Congrats! And they all took it so well!! Good luck with telling your mom!!

3. Thisisnew

Congrats that's great :slight_smile:

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile: That's a big step

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone