1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unexpected coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Prccgeek, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Prccgeek

So as many of you know. one of my family members seem to have hacked onto my phone. (I even had a passcode?! i don't understand) My phone randomly dissapeared for a while and then when i found it, it was the intro/explanation EC page was open. and i had already been logged on so they were free to see anything. (plus my texted would have given away a lot of info) I was so scared and still am. I am not ready to talk about this with my parents. i am barely grasping it myself. explaining it to them at the moment is way beyond me.
    so i was horribly upset and mad and scared, and thank you the amazing EC people who gave me some comforting words. at midnight i tried to get some sleep, but i was to nervous and failed.
    one of my friends then sent me a message on facebook. and we talked for a while. i really wanted to talk about it but i wasn't out to him. i tried to drop some hints and get him to ask questions like "there was some really important stuff on my phone that i didn't want them to see" , but he was so polite and minded his business and just said "sorry" or "thats rough". i wanted him to be like "what was this important secret info!" we had a momentary lapse in convo and i just said to myself,"he is not picking it up so just go for it" I just said that i really need to talk about something. then i was interupted by major computer issues, but i was determined not to back out. I finally told him that i thought i was was bi. he said "cool" and then we went on with all the normal friendly q's. there were no rude q's, but just when did you start to think about this?; how are you feeling about it?; he is gay himself and has been out since end of freshman year of hs (he is going off to college now). we talked about his experiences a little and he just said lots of nice comforting things; it cooled me down a lot about the phone thing. we are going to go out for coffee and talk some more next week (maybe not when it was 2 in the morning like it was this time!!!)

so it has been a day. i feel so much lighter from telling and talking with him. he is a great guy. (actually all my friends have been great about it. ) and i only shook a little this time when telling him! (that is a big achievement for me) just thought i would share my happiness (and anger with my family!) i know this is not the advice section, but if anyone has any advice about the family phone thing, i would greatly appriciate it. no one has said anything to me, but it has only been a day. it is sort of all i can think about! it could have been my mom, my dad, or my little bro (14yo, not too young)
    thanks for reading. <3 Allison

2. Mickey

I'd be willing to bet it was your brother. Why? Because this is something a little brother would do. You know that they can be a pain in the ass,sometimes.
    Anyway,WHOEVER did it,totally violated your privacy and it was wrong. I'm not sure what you want to do (or not do) about it. Changing your pass code would definitely be the first thing to do.
    Try not to leave your phone where anyone else can get to it. It's unfortunate that you have to do that,in your own home,but it's the wise thing to do.
    I'm happy for you that your friend was so great when you came out to him. Everyone needs someone,that understands,to talk to.
    I wish you the best in however you choose to handle this. Try not to worry too much,until there is something to worry about.
    And...always be proud of who you are. It's your life to live it as you want to.

3. Jim1454

Keep hanging out here, and you'll get to the point where you ARE comfortable telling your family. But until then, don't worry about what someone saw on your phone. Why shouldn't you worry? Because you can't change anything anyway - it's done. So carry on and feel good about yourself.

And congratulations for coming out to another friend!