1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress - Update

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by starbucksshoote, Jul 3, 2009.

1. starbucksshoote

I first came out in November to a few people, and since then have been slowly telling people in my life.

I've now told approximately 20 people, and plan to tell another ten or so in the next couple weeks.

For the first time, when I met a new person, I made it clear straight away that I was gay, and they were fine with it. This was a pretty big step, but I decided that going foward it is likely the best policy (I don't need to make the list of people I have to come out to any longer than it already is).

I think towards the end of the summer, enough people will know that it will just become common knowledge.

There are some people who I will wait to tell - my family is one group (they live in a different city than I do) - until I have something noteworthy to share (like finding someone), it's a topic that I don't feel comfortable broaching right now.

Anyways, we'll see how the summer goes.

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

well congrats on your progress, I'm proud of you.

3. acorn7

Cool, I'm glad it's going well for you! I remember when for me it became kind of public knowledge and I didn't need to worry about who knew or who didn't — it felt great :slight_smile:

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

Congratulations on you coming out to some people and wish you the best of luck on you planning to come out to some more people. :thumbsup:

5. Absentminded

Congrats on being able to come out like that! It's a huge step. It really is. Good luck with coming out to your family!

6. Jim1454

That's cool! I haven't got to that point yet - although most of the new people I meet are at work and I'm not out at work...