1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohmygoodnessgraciouspity,smegodabovecrazyfreakingh ell! (slightly delayed)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Happy Go Lucky, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Happy Go Lucky

Yep...read subject line.

Okay. This was on the 27th of June. But I didn't have time to post.

It was a Big Day. Purposefully capitalised.

1st off, I went to the Gay Pride march in Paris. It was intense...but very very fun, and totally worth it. My straight friend came with me, and she got hit on (funnily enough, by guys! What guy tries to pick up girls at Gay pride?!?!?) but we followed behind floats, danced around, talked to a few people, and we had a blast. I was sort of nervous about going (read: freaked out of my wits) and I didn't want to join the actual parade for a bit, and then we took the plunge and walked in the middle. It was awesome.
    At the end, we sat around at Place de la Bastille (the place where the walk ended) and I used the fact that I didn't have a lighter to talk to people a little...and I met some truly lovely people. Which was nice.
    Funniest thing was probably that in the evening (I had had dinner with family and guests and left early), when I was in the bus, a woman walked on, and she had lots of the stickers all over her dress and a flag sticking out of her bag, and I gave her a big smile. Just before getting off, I told her I had been at the march as well, and she said, "Yeah, I know, I recognised you!"! We had a (very short) conversation about how awesome it was before I got off. :grin:

Second intensely intense and crazy thing.
    I told my parents. Egads.
    I think it was somewhat successful. I sort of sat them down and just came on out with it. “I think I’m bisexual. I’m attracted to girls and to boys. I love you and I trust you, and I wanted to tell you because I don’t want to keep secrets from you. It’s still me, I’m not going to spontaneously change because of this.” I told them about going to Pride and meeting people and thinking that this made sense to me.
    My dad sort of patted my knee and said “ok, thank-you for telling us” and my mum didn’t say anything. I gave them both a big hug and told them to ask me any questions and that I was going back to bed, which I did. Feeling very light. They may have guessed before, or at least, I think my dad did, because we have this thing called Safe Eyes which monitors internet use (I have to log into the program every time I use the net, it limits my access time, and restricts what I can view, and also shows them what sites I go on), and especially when it’s late at night, my dad’ll often check what I’ve been up to on the internet, so he may have seen that I was looking at some support/coming out/questioning resources.
    I think that was possibly one of the scariest things that has happened to me with my parents, other than telling my mum about my self-injury two years back. *breathes*
    It was very intense. But it’s out. And I spent a good part of the day with my mum, and while she hasn’t mentioned it, I think she’s accepting it.

Erm. Yes. That’s it.

So intense. And now I'm on a bit of a whirlwind. Woooohooooooo. It's me.

Oh, and I bought myself a lovely little (discreet) pin - pink triangle on a black background to wear. And I have actually worn it, figuring that it's a little more subtle than a rainbow patterned woman&woman linked one.

2. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile:

3. Chaos

Congratulations!! :grin: I'm happy for you.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out. It's a big step, and it sounds like it went really well!

5. Thisisnew

Congrats thats awesome :slight_smile:

6. Lychee

Congrats :slight_smile: That's great that you were able to tell them.
    Also, I love the title of the thread :grin:

7. Mugwump

Yah, a very catchy title :slight_smile: Congratulations!!!! That's a bit step. Go you!

8. silentsound

aw that's great congratulations!