1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess texting works

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Cool Beans, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Cool Beans

It's been over a year since I last expressly came out to anyone. I've been pretty obviously gay for a while (letting myself go and gaying it up, you might say), and this whole weekend I was texting my friend Mia about boys. It took her until tonight to actually ask me, and the poor dear didn't want to ask flat out, so she asked "Are you like [mutual gay friend]?" instead. Of course I answered truthfully.

Apparently she and her best friend have been debating the issue without my knowledge for a while. Interestingly, I have plans to hang out with both of them sometime in the near future, so I'll have to come out to the other one then. But it's two hours past my bedtime, and I need to get to bed.

2. dude99

dude99 Guest

congratulations, when I came out I did it also via text messages too.

3. 507bro

i cam out to alot of people via of text messages lol
    it easier not seeing them in person :slight_smile:

4. xXHolic

i never came out to anyone with text messages, or IM (using msn...)
    I think it's better to face the person you want to share that kind of information with, otherwise he may not be worth to be trust with something like that..
    that's my opinion though, I know lots of pple who came out that way, but I think that by coming out by text messages you kinda get "distance-d" (idk the proper verb..)

anyway, I think it's only natural that your friend asked you whether you are gay or not after talking about boys haha
    She surely will react possitively to your honesty :slight_smile:
    well done :eusa_clap

5. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile:

6. Ben

Ben

Yay Dan! Congratulations!! :grin:!!

7. j1013

j1013 Guest

well done mate, i dont think there is a specific way to come out, just whatever is most comfortable for you and when you feel its right