1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Stopped Censoring... Sort Of...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by silentsound, Jul 11, 2009.

1. silentsound

So recently, I have started worrying less about the occasional off-hand comment about another girl. It sort of started with arguing about the hotness of Regina Spektor with my brother plus the fact that every heterosexual female on earth drools over Meghan Fox, so I've been seeing if I get weird looks by making such comments.

There was one instance last night when I was in a friend's kitchen and her younger siblings had nickelodeon on the episode of "iCarly" where Carly is teaching Sam (I think that's her name) how to be girlier. I made a comment about how I thought Sam was much hotter with curly hair than after Carly straightened it and how I tend to prefer curly hair. I've been doing this sort of thing from time to time lately, but not constantly of course because I do want to stay closeted.

The funny thing is, no one has paid the slightest bit of attention to it. Has anyone else had experiences like this? I just think it's a little funny how thick people can be :icon_wink

#1 silentsound, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. rainemc

Well, I've never made any comments like this I'd be too nervous to but it's funny that you do. I think people don't say anything is because girls can call anything hot even other girls and get away with it.

3. KatoKumi

My brother started noticing when I looked at boys before I came out to him! But he was...dense. Didn't know [guessed, but didn't accept].

Ohmang. Sam is SO much hotter with curly hair; agreed.

4. RaRa

I know right? It's so unfair. ._.
    And what's worse? Some of my guy friends call other guys cute, and no one cares. But if I do it it raises eyebrows. Maybe it's cause they suspect? Idk. :/

5. Thisisnew

Good for you! I've been doing that too but my sister is starting to notice, I think she knows.

On iCarly I think Sam is in the closet haha jk.

6. Absentminded

I agree with ThisIsNew. Sam totally is.

7. silentsound

regardless, she is hot (sans the straightened hair)

8. JakeBHT

I made a comment when watching "I am legend" with my mother, will smith was oiled up doing chin-ups and I just said something about "that part of the tapes gonna get thinner pritty quick" and there was silence, the film was paused and my mother made a cupper came back without saying anything and re-started the film. Guess i won't be doing that again!

9. DexterMorgan

I do that kind of stuff all the time, and nobody notices.

10. hiddendc4

that's kinda funny i think i do it to an extent without really realizing it, although occasionally i do overtly make subtle comments