1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So close, and yet so far...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kettleoffish, Jul 12, 2009.

1. kettleoffish

I'm not sure if this should really be in the Support and Advice section, but I suppose not, because I'm looking for neither.

I'm already out to everyone except my parents, and the real purpose of this thread is to make me come out to them. I'm currently on holiday (well really visiting/looking after my grandparents) in Germany, and I have set myself the target to tell my parents before we return home (a week today).

I'm sick of them not knowing, and it hurts me that they don't, especially as they are both (my mother more so) so supportive and accepting of homosexuality.

So I write to you, EC, from an internet café, to tell you that I will so so so soon be fully out of the closet, just one more hurdle remains, and it's the hardest. I have chickened out of doing this for too long, it's time it was done. I will post back as soon as it is (or as soon as I can get online after).

Thank You EC, you've all helped me so much with this.

2. mattypants

good luck! hope all goes w/o a hitch :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really great news, and it sounds like you've thought it through and are ready. Be sure and report back how it goes!

4. twixy30

Good luck i hope all goes well for you you look like you are ready for this i know you can do this

5. Astaroth

Ooooh, good luck! If you want a tip on how to make yourself do it if you feel ready but can't seem to broach the issue, just bring something (maybe a PFLAG pamphlet, which is what I did) with you one day. You'll either have to set it down or they'll ask what it is after a while if you just keep holding it. And then it's showtime.

Anyway, good luck either way!(!)