1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kicked Out of the Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BabyBoy, Jul 12, 2009.

1. BabyBoy

Wellllll...I don't think I've posted on this site since some time in 2007, or very early 2008. So it's been a while. Things seem to have gotten like, 100x more strict for some reason.

But anyway. When I first started posting here, I was 17, and had my first boyfriend. We dated in secrecy of course, he was out of the closet, I was hidden deep inside a closet lol.

We dated for about a month, and because of the fact that I refused to come out of the closet, he felt hurt by this, and he says he was "proud of the fact that he was with me and wanted to show me off" I wanted the complete opposite, so he broke up with me. After cheating on me twice in a week, probably more, of course. Guess he wanted it to hurt me as much as possible? *shrugs*

So that was all in November/December. Come January, I'm hanging out with my two friends one night, Haley and Justin. Haley, an open minded straight girl, and Justin, a very very gay male, who was also in the closet at the time. (But he wasn't foolin anyone, not to be rude) We get hungry, go to Hooters for food, get bored, and plan on going to the movies. Justin says he's horny. Me and Haley don't understand why he'd tell us, cuz we don't care. He takes us out to some gun range, or some dark field, far back where I know nothing about, and...before I know it, we're having a sort of threesome...No sex, but...you know. I don't want to be too descriptive, since things have gotten a bit more strict, I don't know what's acceptable here anymore.

Before we know it, a cop drives out to the field, BRIGHT light shining into the car. All I have on is my t-shirt.

To make a long story short (the long story is funny as hell though, just so you know) the cop forces us to tell our parents, because he says "If it were my kids, I'd like to know" Well...fuck that cop.

I tell my parents I'm gay. I'm scared SHITLESS. They don't know how to react. My mom cries a tiny bit. My dad says it's the worst day of his life. (Which hurt, a LOT, cuz he's 54 years old, and THIS is the worst day of his life? I can name a lot of bad times off the top of my head that are worse than this) The next day, they got over it, and said they love me no matter what, they know there's nothing they can do about, and they won't bring it up again with me unless I want to.

Come to find out, the girl that was involved in the threesome, my best friend at the time, who prided herself on how trustworthy she was compared to others, told her friend she "thought she could trust", who then told her friend, who happened to be my evil ex girlfriend, who ALSO happened to be my ex boyfriends best friend at the time. So of course, it got around.

I go to school, and people seem to be looking at me a little bit differently, but nobody has said anything, yet. Then I get an IM from an old friend, asking me if I'm gay. At first I lie, and then I said to myself "Fuck it, if this is what he's heard, there's gonna be more people talking about it, and I don't wanna lie to EVERYBODY" so I said "Yeah, I'm gay, sorry"

I immediatly go on Myspace and change my orientation. It felt weird, but...it felt good too.

People started asking me, left and right. I was terrified that I would have NO friends left, NOBODY to have my back, I thought I'd be harassed, I thought I'd either drop out of school, if it was bad enough it may lead to suicide, I had no clue what would happen.

The complete opposite happened. I have more friends now than before. The only thing that makes me think "Wow, that sucks" is the fact that most of my straight friends said they didn't care because it was me, and had it been anybody else, it'd be different, because I guess I'm "straight acting" or whatever you wanna call it. I thought "Wow, I'm shocked at how open minded my community is" but then no, it's not really lol.

So sorry this was too long. It's a coming out "story", so it was long.

2. Greggers

Well first off welcome back to EC *hug*

Second, that is a great story! I enjoyed it very much, and i love the random threesome and cop hahaha! *cough* anyways, but im glad it ended well. People can really surprise you sometimes. Even my friends who are off in the African jungle doing Christian ministry work are ok with me being gay. I think its less about where you come from or who you are and more about what age you are these days. Of course there are exceptions, but most people our age seem to be fine with gays and lesbians because they grew up in a "Will and Grace" era. Gay people are everywhere and obviously not harmful.

So again, congrats :slight_smile:

3. kramer362

Congrats, and don't be afraid to call people out on their bullshit.

Your friends seem to respect you, so don't hesitate to set them straight and politely tell them that it's insulting that they say your being gay is only ok because it's you, but not for someone else. Explain that it's a shitty precondition to have to not be ok with someone for their sexuality, and that it's a tough thing to go through being gay for some, feeling people won't be ok with it, and here your friends are basically saying that's true.

They sound great, just that they need to be told it's ok for anyone to be gay, not just their friends. :icon_wink

And by the way that cop was a prick and way out of line in outing you to your family, but I'm glad it turned out ok. :thumbsup:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, what an intense story. I think you handled it exceptionally well -- I'm sure you were wishing the floor would open up and you'd fall through it at that moment -- but how incredibly cool that now you've taken the plunge you've found so much support.

And... I doubt that people are ok with it because you're "straight acting." I think they're ok with it because you're a cool person that's someone they like and want to have around. Don't sell yourself short :slight_smile:

5. Janvier

Yay !!
    Glad to see you again :grin:
    Even tho I haven't been on here much..

Am I the only one having a case of déjà vu?? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, I'm glad it all ended well :slight_smile:

6. olides84

Oh, thanks for the link Janvier. I was just gonna ask for the funny as hell long story, and there it is :icon_bigg

BabyBoy, congrats on your coming out and how things have been going for you. And hopefully you will post more since you have a great talent for writing and storytelling.

7. Alex19

welcome back. and i liked that story... but how did u pull off a threesome with a girl in the mix???

and kudos on comin out :slight_smile:

8. BabyBoy

Well, that's why I mostly put quotations around "threesome", cuz all she did was suck my...uh...ugh...Idk what's acceptable here anymore lol. She sucked something attached to me :slight_smile:dry:slight_smile: and then just sat up front and texted. So...it was weird.

9. BabyBoy

And that is SO-FRIGGEN-FUNNY that you found that lol. I forgot I even posted that! Holy crap. Ew, I was such an asshole, calling myself a "bad ass motherfuckin bitch". Hopefully I was tryna be funny. I've grown up a lot since then.

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

not exactly the best of ways to come out, but congrats none the less.