1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helped a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by limfjord96, Jul 14, 2009.

1. limfjord96

so i am seeing this guy (i guess you could say boyfriend) i know crazy eh? but i helped him come out to his mom by sharing the letter i sent my mom, and have shared here. And i may just be thinking outloud, but the way he described how nervous and ashamed he was made me feel for him so much. I think i was only sort of into him and then we connected on such an emotional level by the empathy we shared. has this happened to any one else? just curious. He is taking me on a spa weekend which is going to be awesome and super memorable if you know what i mean :wink:. anyway, just talking, trying to get back on here more.

2. kramer362

Good for you dan! but you called him a friend in the thread title, what's that about? lol

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, Dan,

How wonderful you've found someone you like! I think the process of helping someone through a difficult time can often help us deepen our feelings for that person, and just feeling that you're a part of their support while they're doing something as difficult as coming out to family can really help you feel connected to that person.

If you don't mind my asking, which spa? I used to live in San Diego and knew a number of good places between San Diego and LA. Now when I go for a spa-like retreat, I go to this hippie hot springs place in northern CA. :slight_smile:

4. Alex19

ooo get it :wink:

5. Eleanor Rigby

Hey Dan !
    I'm so happy for you that you've found someone you feel that connected to. I imagine that sharing similar stories helps to create strong bonds. I'm not surprised that you managed to help him with his coming out : you get through a lot and you're an amazing guy. He is very lucky to have you.
    I hope you're going to have a great time on that weekend and I wish you all the best in the world.
    Take care, Eleanor

6. EM68

Good for you Dan. You have come a long way in such a short time. Its is nice when you can help someone else going through what you did. I came out to a coworker then he came out to me! We are going to talk more but I think I might be able to help him. Have fun at the spa!

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You connected on a really raw human level...thats pretty damn cool.

8. jblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good for you Dan! Glad to hear you're doing so well - it's inspiring! Hope you have a blast at the spa!

9. Jim1454

My bf and I first met because he was going through a similar situation as I did. He was discovering later in life (with a wife and two kids as well) that he was gay. I was a few months ahead of him in that process, so I offered to be a friend who he could turn to with questions... and we fell for each other in a big way.

So I can totally see how that would bring you closer together.

Enjoy your spa weekend!

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The letter gets paid forward. Excellent. :slight_smile:

Lex