1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to... uh... Co-worker?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tim, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim

For those who know me, I volunteer at the Local Food Bank.

Today, we ended up on the discussion of Blood Donations, while in the break room for a snack, and somehow ended up with the whole "Can't donate if you're a man who has slept with another man since ___" topic, which ended in some interesting talking XD Which ended in the receptionist (the only one there that I would consider an actual friend atm) asking if I was gay. Obviously I said yes, and then she had a shocked look and was like "I had no idea!" Then the conversation continued, with her having no issues with it.

It was quite awesome XD I dunno what to call her, I dont actually work there, so not technically a co-worker, but I do work alongside her, so technically is a co-worker XD

Apparently no one there knows, but I'm not about to go announce XD If they ask, I tell them, otherwise it really ain't their business if they don't care enough to ask :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yea, it was just one thing that made me happy today, so thought I'd share :3

2. Markio

I love when they have no idea, but they don't have a problem with it. It's like a little surprise!:icon_mrgr

The whole blood donation rule is like a double-edged sword. I currently donate blood, but that means I'm a virgin. :eusa_shif

3. jonny

I agree with u on the not annoucing it bit. Seems so stereotypical. The rule that we can't donate blood is so irrational. Straight guys have alot more crazy sex than we do. So obviously women don't carry STDs, sounds like discrimination to me. But hey if they don't want my blood then fine. Although it won't be a prob since I'm a virgin, for now. Lol

4. oneguy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This receptionist sounds like a really chill person. :slight_smile:
    That's great, I'm sure you guys will be good buddies during the entirety of your stay at the Food Bank.

5. Just Adam

congrats :slight_smile:

good to have open minded people to work around

6. EM68

Congrats!!

7. Techcompu2

congrats about coming out

sucks about the blood donating. even more seeing as I have O (I cant ever remember + or -)

8. tm74

tm74 Guest

Myzio - excellent, glad to hear your co-worker was cool with it.

Markio - like you I can still donate blood too - obviously a good thing - but I'm kinda looking forward to when that door closes... 'cos it means other things have happened :icon_wink