1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out in Illinois

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jacks, Jul 16, 2009.

1. jacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, Im new, the title of this thread sucks but...

I knew I was gay when I was 13. I knew when I tried to think of something sexy... a guy came up. perfect you know, sign.

Because of my social status (I know its not modest... but I am sort of popular) and the fact I am in multiple sports, I did not tell anyone.

This killed me. I was depressed, angry, and confused. In January of 2008, I attempted suicide. It failed.... as you can tell. The only one who ever knew about it was my brother. My parents were gone that night and my brother came home to find that I had tried cutting my wrists, but I didnt do it hard enough.

From there I took steps to regain control of the situation. I sort of eased myself into the realization that I was gay.

One thing needed to be done though... I needed to tell my friends.

So one day after school I went to the library. For two hours I worked up a note, and then posted it on facebook.

Everything went... fine. That night. Support piled in, and both my parents were supportive and said they could really care less. Everyone said that I was the same as fifteen minutes before. Nothing could have made me happier.

There's more to tell but if u want to hear howsabout u message me huh?

http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/images/smilies2/badgrin.gif
    :badgrin:

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

That's awesome, I am very proud of you. Having battled depression prior to coming out I definitely feel for you.

Congrats again!

3. Kaim

Kaim Guest

I'm happy that you got through this tough time in your life and that your family and friends have given you great reception to your sexuality. I feel with you on the depression, I struggle with it during fall and winter and I did want to kill myself at one point too. You've done more in the coming out department than I did though, but still I'm very happy that it all worked out for you!

Congrats! :eusa_clap

4. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Well welcome to EC :smilewave

Glad things went well for you (actually, pretty damn awesome by the sound of it :slight_smile:)

5. jacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. Alex19

kudos thats awesome :slight_smile: