1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just came out to my twin brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dude99, Jul 16, 2009.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

I just came out to my twin brother. He lives far from me and I sent him an email. I doubt he will get it now as he is at work. Anyway I am an identical twin. I could not say it to him face to face. I admit a few years ago I sent him a letter and in it it said I am gay but later denied that I am gay when I met up with him again, but now I feel a sense of relief that I have exposed something really important to him

2. Glunn11

I'm sure that it'll be a tremendous load off of your chest when he reads the letter. I hope all things go great for you :slight_smile:
    Keep us posted.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really great news, and a big step! Twins usually have a special bond with one another, so holding something like that back has got to be difficult.

Oh, and... if you are an identical twin, there's a very strong possibility that he is also gay. He may not admit it, but if I correctly remember the studies I read years ago, sexual orientation in identical twins is consistent between them something like 90+ percent of the time.

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

well Calchip, I dont know on 100% of his sexual orientation, even though I am aware he not so long ago he been with a woman. yes there are twin studies which I have read about. Well yes there are studies like you mentioned on sexual orientation of twins, and heard that there is 90% probablity that the twin will share the same sex preference, and I also heared the probability can be 50% chance, that if one twin is gay then its 50% chance the other twin is gay. But of course I know its not unusual for sets of twins sharing same sexual preference.

5. Jekko

Hey congratulations dude!!!!!! I'm happy 4 u!

6. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile: That's a big step !

7. dude99

dude99 Guest

thanks everyone, I dont think he has read my email yet but he may do it within next 24 hours. I not sure how often he checks his email.

8. EM68

Good luck!! I know how hard it can be. I am a twin also. It was the hardest coming out that I had. I sent him an email also. He took it well and told me that he wanted the best for me.

9. shorty

Well done. I can't imagine how hard it would be for a twin if you weren't sure how they would take it. Hope it goes well!

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hopefully it goes over well. (*hug*)

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good luck! I hope he takes it well!

12. Alex19

13. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

congrats, I am proud of you.

14. Aero

Congratulations and good luck!

15. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats!!!

It maybe odd (if he's straight) to see you with a guy because you look like him and he would see an illusion of himself being gay.

16. dude99

dude99 Guest

Thanks for your responses everyone. In addition to EM68 congratualtions on you coming out to your twin, and agree its the hardest person to come out to.
    well I just checked my email. I have no response. I not sure if I will get a response by him. nearly 5 years ago I sent him a letter saying I could be gay, and he did not contact me for several months, and when he did it was due to a family crisis then and did not discuss the letter. A few months after that I saw him, and then I was a differerent person and I was not at all secure with my sexuality and had no gay friends and I was dating the opposite sex and he told me about the letter but I said it was a joke.

Anyway I wont hold my breath that he will respond via email, so maybe I will need to see him in person. Well I could have the opportunity to confront him personality in 2 weeks. I not really sure how he will take it to be honest. Anyway I will let you on the outcome.

17. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yuk. That must be hard not knowing if he read your email. I would think about sending another asking the email system to notify me when the email is read. Or, maybe there is another trick you can think of, like asking him to phone you or your mom er something when he gets the chance. Other ideas? Good job, and good luck.

18. jacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i have a twin brother too, and i told him face to face. its hard but they get over it soon enough

19. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well I perhaps think of something else. Its not easy, and I just dont have the nerve now to to send a text message to his phone. Maybe I will a bit later, not sure. But I know he always reads all his messages from friends and family. Anyway 5 years ago when I came to him, it took him several months to contact me again and it was for a family emergency as the family lives far away. I said I was going there, but my brother said not to. But several mths later I came to visit the family, and he asked about the letter and I said it was a joke. since then he or I never discussed the issue of homosexality until yesterday when I sent him an email.

Jacks I guess you are right and its hard but they get over it.

20. dude99

dude99 Guest

anyway I dont want to worry about if he read the letter or not as I an extremely busy wkd and next week. If he does its great and if he responds its an extra bonus.