1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh My God!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CelebrityHead, Jul 19, 2007.

1. CelebrityHead

I can't believe this happened today.. alright I was walking to class once lunch was over and my friend who I talk to occasionally walks past me in the corridor. I say hi and she says, "I can't believe you did that to the guy". I have no idea what she is on about so I ask her what the hell she's saying. She continues to say stuff like this and then says, "Someone told me something about you." At this point I sorta knew what was coming. She asked, "You're gay aren't you?"

Now, I haven't told any friends but I told my family 6 months ago so I thought it might've gotten around a bit by then, and I couldn't be bothered denying it, so I said shyly, "Yeah". Now she thought I was joking, so she started "playing along". She asked me when I came out and I told her how I haven't told my best friends or anything yet and I was being serious.

She finally cottoned on to the fact that I was being serious and she tells me that she was joking, that she had been saying that to people all day, that she didn't really know anything about me and that she now found something out that she wasn't supposed to. Right then and there I felt like an absolute f**k and I just walked away. I could not believe that a joke made me come out to one of the most loud-mouthed girls in my year.

:tantrum: X A Billion

2. CrimsonThunder

Wait.. Is this good or bad?

3. MeAsIAm

oof, that sucks. Do you think she is gonna tell people? You should probably talk to her about it. Unless you want her to tell people...? But why would you want that ^^;;

Good luck with this

4. That is harsh. Yea I would say do some damage control

5. Sam

Sam

Wow that sucks. I can't believe she would go around doing that.

6. crimsonarcher

I'm so sorry!
    something soewhat-similar happened to me. My cousin was joking with me about being gay, ( he said: well, it's not like your hidding your sexual orientation or anyhting...)and a girl overheard us..

7. Cloud Nine 5

What a bitch (unless she stays quiet about it). You should know what to do next based on what kind of girl you think she is. Maybe denying it in a confident/laughing way (only if you're a good actor and don't act shyly, otherwise it can just be strange) might work if you don't want everyone to know. That takes away from the pride thing gay people boast about, so it's all about your priorities. If she seemed nice enough for you for you to come out to her, maybe she'd also keep it a secret if you asked her to. You should know what she's like...

8. CelebrityHead

Thanks guys..
    Based on what kinda girl she is I decided to send her a myspace comment straight after I started this thread. I said that "her reaction was priceless" and that I was only playing along to get her back or something.. she bought it so I think it's okay now.
    Sure, it's not what I really want in terms of coming out, I really do want to be out and proud, but baby steps, Derek, baby steps. Fessing to the gossip queen won't help me in the slightest.
    Thanks guys for your inputs :slight_smile:

Bad, son.

9. CrimsonThunder

Sorry dad. =P

Well done CH. :wink:

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Quite clever of you. Well done!

11. Jerr