1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is complicated brace yourselves!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JakeBHT, Jul 25, 2009.

1. JakeBHT

Well I went to a different secondary school to everyone else at my primary, my best friend (Ivan) hasn't seen me since I was 11 (last year at the same school). We are meeting for the first time again tomorrow, when we were about 10 we french kissed in his parents bedroom and he was kinda cute, but I am considering coming out to him cause we didn't even know what being Gay or Bi was then, just another insult used on each other. But Cause the primary was rough and the secondary everyone else is going to even more so, I wonder what sort of deep-set views are in play!
    Just wanted to tell all! And any advice much appriciated!

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure if you were best friends he'll be ok with it. I wouldn't bring up the kiss, or make any mention that implies anything about his sexuality, just talk about your own.

Even if his overall views of gay people isn't positive, he should still know that it's *you* so it most likely won't affect his view of you. But be prepared it might take him a few days to think about and process the fact that you're gay, so he might be a little standoffish for a while if he has been exposed to a lot of negative gay stereotypes.

3. JakeBHT

yeah wasn't planning on mentioning the whole kiss bit!
    I just worry too much thats all.

4. matty123

well its only bin like 5 years or whatever, so he will probably be ok with it, and if not then just be like well u french kissed me when we were 10 so thats a bit hypocritical of u! but yeh apart from that don't mention the whole french kissing thing, unless he turns out to be gay/bi then it will only make things akward, still i hope it goes well!

5. JakeBHT

I didn't mention the kissing bit at all. He was really shocked and a little unerved but he was cool with it, he didn't believe me for a while! And he is straight although another old friend of mine is bi and just got his number so will be getting to know him again even if only as friends, he was always really cute!

6. matty123

XD thats awesome congrats