1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grandmother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Swamp56, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My mom told my grandmother was gay without asking me if she could first.

Anyway, today was my grandmother's 74th birthday, and we went to her apartment for a surprise visit (she lives in an elderly housing complex). My aunt and uncle were there as well.

We had a good time, and after my aunt and uncle left, we went back to her apartment (we were out on a deck on her floor). She sat down and told me to never ever be ashamed of who I am, and to always be happy. She said she doesn't believe in gay marriage, but she told me that she didn't care about my sexuality and she said she knows I didn't choose it.

She spoke to me about her brother, my great-uncle who was gay. She said she knew I was gay since I was 3 years old. We kind of realized that homosexuality runs in my family (my great-great aunt, great uncle, and my grandmother's aunt had 4 lesbian daughters).

I was amazed at her reaction and her advice. She's the kind of person who tells it like it is, no matter what (she even adds a few profanity words when she has to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). She told me I'm not one of the stereotypical "gay whores" as she would put it (the kind that sleep around and are totally feminine and stuff).

She also gave me shitloads of candy ;D (she always gives me something when I visit her; idk why).

^__^

#1 Swamp56, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  2. littledinosaurs

aawwweee yey!!!!

3. Aero

That is sweet.
    And candy to boot... lucky boy

4. Thisisnew

Congrats you got a cool grandmother :slight_smile:

5. Mickey

Yay! That's great! But,now I want some candy!

6. Just Adam

im not surprised on teh gay marriage part it is harder for older generations to accept the change...but OMG free candy XD and i laughed at gay whores XD ...awww its kinda cute in a mildly offensive way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

she does sound fun lol every family needs someone like this :slight_smile:

i dont knwo what it is with old people giving candy.... a guy the family knew when i was a kid he would stop in the car when he saw me and give me a flavoured sweet lol... nice old man :frowning2: miss him he was a laugh.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

There's this little counter outside of each apartment door in her building that people put flowers on; she puts a bowl of candy on it xD . She loves candy - she gave me the candy so she wouldn't eat all of it lol.

#7 Swamp56, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so cute!! I wish homosexuality ran in my family, but no...I'm the only one. :frowning2: I love candy :grin:

9. EM68

That is great! Congrats!!

10. Glunn11

Haha, that story made me chuckle. I'm glad she took it so well! Yay for awesome grandmas ;D

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good for Grandma! Now...you need to work on the marriage thing Swamp! Keep the dialogue open with Grandma and she may see why marriage is important! :slight_smile:

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I don't force people to believe what I believe in; I see it as wrong and rude.

13. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

thats awesome.