1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost completely out!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by coriolis, Jul 26, 2009.

1. coriolis

coriolis Guest

Hi. I haven't posted in ages, so this gonaa be a long one! (Sorry.)
    As you probably don't remember, I came out to my mother about a year ago. She's still in denial, but we'll get to that later. Earlier this year, I came out to my brother and 3 or 4 friends. They were all really cool about it.

Fast forward to last month. I came home from college for the summer. I arranged to go out one Saturday night with two of my best (girl)friends. What I didn't know, was that one of the girls had a group of her friends from college down for the weekend-5 girls and one guy.

I think we can see where this is going! I got talking to the guy after a while, but then we were whisked off to the nightclub by one of my friends. Long story short, we ended up kissing in front of everyone. Arghhh!

It turns out that my 2 friends had figured things out for themselves a while back. The word spread (surprise, surprise) during the week. I met most of my friends the weekend after, and they were all really cool. (&&&) I have to say, I was really surprised at how well they reacted.

In a very strange way, it was almost fun. Well, fun if I can discount my mother. If anything, she's getting worse. She's still convinced I'm not gay. She basically said that she's ashamed of me :icon_sad: .

On a more positive note, I hooked up with a guy last week, and it looks like it could develop into something serious :eusa_danc .

All that's left now is a few people from college, and to make things official with my dad ( I'm pretty sure he knows....)

#1 coriolis, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! I think in a way, assuming one is ready, it's nice for your friends to sort of pass the word around for you... saves on awkwardness :slight_smile:

As far as your mom is concerned, she'll eventually come around. Sometimes it takes a long time to get past the denial, but she'll get there... in fact, I would say the stuff about feeling ashamed is more about the anger part of the stages of grief than it is about denial... so perhaps she's making progress :slight_smile: