1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still got those loving palpitations!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by silas99, Jul 27, 2009.

1. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't really written much in the coming out section...but I figured I'd share my recent venture.

On Saturday I was going to go out with my two best girl buddies in the world. We've known eachother for over 5 years and I hadnt seen them for a while so it was definitely time for a catch up and I decided that tonight was the night to just cut open my gay gut and lay it bare on the table for a bit of dissection!

I'm one of those people that never really goes on the net and I use my phone about as often as my grandmother. So any increase in text frequency would suggest something was going on. Well all night I was texting away to a certain special person and one of my friends asked "who is your new lover then?". To which I just smiled because I couldnt lie to them. At this point they both grabbed each other stood on the kitchen table and started dancing the macarena in excitement at the prospect of me having a boyfriend. "Who is he? Do we know him? Have you shagged him?" were their exact words. I just burst out laughing and told them I'd tell them later in the pub. When we got to the pub they put a double whiskey in front of me (my favourite drink) and told me to spill.

I cant even explain how I felt right then...my heart was pounding, hands sweating, all I could smell was the chips on the opposite table, and Black eyed peas was playing in the background. I'll never forget that. They asked me who it was....I just looked at the ground and told them how difficult this was. It's so hard to just lay everything on display...it makes you feel vulnerable. I always hide myself behind a veneer of humour and goofiness. I said; "Well there is someone, but it's not a boy". I looked up and if I could have a camera in that instant I would love to have captured their faces. Both their jaws hit the ground and I had to laugh. It looked like that scene from the mask when Jim Carreys eyes are popping out and his jaw is on the floor. Then they laughed and said that was the last thing they expected to come out of my mouth. They thought I had got it on with a really dodgy medic boy that we all despise. "That Nic is much better news than we expected" was what my friend said next. Well we spent the next hour talking about stuff and they were absolutely cool with it, but just very shocked.

I'm glad I told them because I didnt want to lie to them anymore, but I havent quite fully recovered yet. I'm convinced that gay people must have a lower life expectancy...not because of any dodgy lifestyle. But because they die of heart attacks from excessive coming out stress! Anyway sorry its a bit long but I just wanted to share my story, because I found it a bit amusing. I'll leave you with my lasting memory of the night.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXtCTixWR3g[/YOUTUBE]

2. Thisisnew

Congrats thats great :slight_smile:

3. matty123

your friends sound pretty cool, congrats!

4. Étoile

Cool coming out! Sounds like something that'd be on a movie.