1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i could have come out....grr...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Orpheus, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Orpheus

well, today me and my mom and her girlfriend (my mom is gay btw) were talking. her mom is, well, homophobic may be a bit of an understatement....not only is she unaccepting of lgbt people, she will treat anyone who tries to reason with her like they've never even thought about what they're saying, and thinks she knows them better than they do themselves. (she told my mom that she didn't "consider her to be homosexual" and that in future years she thinks she will understand that. gaah...) so, we were all talking about this, and all being sort of emotional...and, well, i started crying, because i realized, if i am trans, there is no way in hell my grandmother will ever accept me. so they realized i was feeling this way (though they thought it was about my being bi) and they started talking to me about how she'd been patronizing me (i was in an email convo with her too) and how she doesn't think i can understand the issues. (i'm not out to her as bi or as gender-questioning) but, they used the words "girl", "woman", and "daughter", several times. so there were really so many opportunities i could have had a conversation with them...but i didn't. :frowning2: i guess there's always another chance but still...i feel kind of...gaah...
    yeah...:bang:

2. Beachboi92

if you have a gay mother you should come out to her. I am sure she will be completely accepting of you. Real family accepts you no matter how you are and loves you always remember that when you are worried about telling family. And that is something you should tell your grandmother if she has trouble with it. In the end you could always hold off telling your gma and just tell your mom. My 2 cents hope i helped somehow.

3. Orpheus

heh
    well...we actually just had a follow-up to the conversation...and i did tell them. they took it really well. :slight_smile:
    and after we were done talking she just looked over at me and said "i love you no matter what gender you turn out to be". that made me a lot happier. :slight_smile:

4. Beachboi92

(*hug*) i'm happy for you, see your family will always love you :grin: (*hug*) you have a great mom and grandma :slight_smile:

5. twixy30

im happy that it worked out for you i hope some day your grandma will come around too

6. shimmersky

omg that is awesome, congrats on coming out to your mom!! (!)
    And good luck with your grandma, if you decide you want to come out to her too.

7. Miles D

That's awesome!
    if you have any questions for a transguy, drop me a line. I'll be happy to send you resources, or we can just chat about our experiences :grin:
    and congrats on coming out :slight_smile:
    -Miles

8. Orpheus

No, I just came out to my mom and her GF. My grandma has no idea, and she'd probably try to send me to Exodus or something if she knew. >.<

But thanks everyone. I'm just barely starting to transition, and it's nice to know this forum is here. :slight_smile:

9. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    congrat's sound's like it worked out good and most people's grandmother's can be like that i've lost count of the amount of time's i've had to introduce my girlfriend who i love more than anything as my "friend"

10. JakeBHT

good luck, glad you and your mother are cool!!!!!