1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I took the first step :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Evanfan, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Evanfan

Well i havent been on for a while, I've been kind of busy sorting out some stuff, but now I'm back! lol.
    About a two months ago My sister was texting me after i got out of some highschool auditions and she was telling me that she was out with someone. At a point she said not to tell mom who she was with, or wehter it was a guy or a girl. So jokingly I asked "So there's a chance its a girl..?" and she replied "idk" so Jokingly i asked: "Are you bi? :-O" and she replied no. Then later that night we got into a similar conversation, except this time she asked me if I was bi. I thought to myself, "I have the chance to tell someone, or I can just wait and keep it to myself" so I decided to tell her slowly.. not just ram it on her that i was bi so i said "im not sure" . Her reply : "WHAT???????". I was shaking when I said i wasn't sure, and that txt made me feel worse.

Then i asked her to please not freak out, i said that she didn't know hwo hard it was to tell my sister i wasnt sure if i was bi or not. Then she accepted it, and told me not to be ashamed. Then she told me she'd always love me because i woudl always be her little brother, and i felt better. Then eventually i told her 'I came to the conclusion that i AM bi' and she accepted it, and treats me the same way she did before.

A few days later I came out to my sister-in-law. She was absolutely okay with it, and i was happy about that. Then she told my brother, and he was a bit eh.. about it. The next day we saw eachother and he wouldn't talk to me. Then he acted normal after some time, and after that My sister-in-law told him about thsi guy i was talking to online, and that REALLY bothered him. He woudln't talk to me for days, but now he's fine :slight_smile:.

The same day i came out to my sister-in-law, i came out to a friend from school. She had a crush on me, and i didnt like her, but i didnt want to be mean and tell her that. So i thought telling her i was bi woudl get her off my back. She was TOTALLY okay with it, and she told me she was bi too.

That's all the peopel i've come out to. I'm scared about telling anyone else.. but hopefully i will someday. :slight_smile: Thanks for reading my story! lol

2. matty123

hey, it sounds like you got a really god response from your sister, sister-in-law and friend, as for your brother i guess he just needed more time and probably felt some concern about you talking to a guy online especially if your 15. but yeh congrats thats a pretty big step so well done :slight_smile:

3. Evanfan

Thank you! :slight_smile: