1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re-coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nick79, Jul 24, 2007.

1. nick79

I just wanted to share an experience from last weekend.

After coming out to mum in April, the word gay has scarcely been mentioned since.

On Sunday, I was at a gay tennis day, and when I was explaining to her what I'd done that day, and specifically when it came to mentioning the word "gay", my heart skipped a beat.

It was like I was re-coming out to her! I had the old "do I say it or not" thoughts again.

Has anyone else ever felt like they are "re-coming" out?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think this happens alot. People come out and then the parents just don't talk about it or mention it for a very long time. I'm sure it's part of the denial period. I think it's important to kind of keep talking about it whether your parents are responsive or not. I'm glad you talked to her about the gay tennis day.

3. SpikySpice

Somehow some poeple come out, but they still kinda feel weird about themselves as being gay, so when they say the word"gay", they dont feel much comfortable.

But like Becky say, if you mention it many time, you'll get used to it quick:slight_smile: